Technical Support Engineer
Our Support Engineers are front-line technicians that are charged with leading problem resolutions to technical issues while providing a top-shelf customer experience. Polished professionalism, high energy, and a wide breadth of Windows technical ability are critical attributes of a highly successful Support Engineer.
We provide IT support and services for companies in the KC Metro Area. As we continue to grow, our service area has increased to cover a wider geographical area. Also, our remote support tools allow us to provide services worldwide.
Desired Technical Skills
Strong troubleshooting skills and a dedication to efficient problem resolution are the basic core skills of a Support Engineer. An ideal Support Engineer is well-versed in supporting real-world Microsoft Windows networks, including (but not limited to):
- Windows desktop/laptop troubleshooting
- Common business applications (MS Office, browsers, etc).
- Windows server troubleshooting
- Hardware / software issues
- Basic Active Directory management
- Basic support of Exchange
- Backups / restores
- Vendor management and interfacing with outside parties
- Ethernet / IP network troubleshooting, including:
- Peripheral management (printers / scanners / MFPs)
- Basic network security tools and methods
- Managing mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, notebooks, etc)
Other relevant skills and experience will enhance an Engineer's fit into our company:
- Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Voice-over-IP technologies
Relevant IT certifications for this position include:
- CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+
- Microsoft Desktop: Windows 7 / Windows 8 certifications (MCP-level or higher)
-Microsoft Server: Windows Server 2008 / Windows Server 2012 certifications (MCP-level or higher)
Desired Soft Skills
Our primary company focus is to provide an excellent customer experience to our clients. To that end, successful Support Engineers will need to:
- Consistently take ownership of a customer issues and drive problem resolutions to completion
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Continually present a professional attitude and polished appearance
- Prepare themselves for the challenges of supporting end users in different network environments and configurations
- Drive themselves to find solutions to uncommon problems and possess a can-do attitude
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment with other professionals, while retaining the ability to work independently
- Commit themselves to developing their technical knowledge and customer service skills
Responsibilities and Requirements
The primary responsibilities of our Support Engineers include:
- Conduct initial technical response to customer issues
- Conduct problem resolution using remote support tools, telephone communication, and on-site visits
- Cleary document problem descriptions, actions taken during troubleshooting, and resolution
- Accurately enter and track all relevant information in our service delivery software and tools
- Clearly and appropriately escalate customer issues to additional resources
- Follow-up with customers after actions have been taken to help ensure high quality of service
- Actively participate as a collaborative member of our service team
- Maintain high commitment to providing an excellent customer experience at all times
- Other duties as may be required by the service management team
Projects and Implementations
- New equipment installations: Server installs/migrations, rollouts of end-user devices (PCs, laptops, smartphones, etc.), peripherals (printers, scanners, MFPs, etc)
- Software rollouts: Upgrades to core applications, Migrations to new software packages
- Infrastructure projects: virtualization projects, ISP migrations, new / changing physical locations (customer moves)
- Other IT projects as required
This position does include providing on-site support. Support Engineers will be required to drive to client locations on a frequent basis, generally around the Kansas City metro area. Clean, reliable transportation is a Support Engineer requirement.
This position will require being on-call during a regular rotation. On-call services may require both remote and on-site support. Currently, the on-call engineer rotates about every 8 weeks.
Candidates who are offered a position must agree to a background check. The employment offer will be conditional on favorable results of that background check.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, non-contract, salaried position. Our starting salary for Support Engineers varies with solid IT experience, work history, and skill sets. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including: incentive bonus packages; profit-sharing; health insurance; life insurance; equipment allowances; connectivity reimbursements; educational reimbursements; vacation and sick time; and other benefits.
We are a Managed Services Provider in the Kansas City area. Please visit us at http://www.networktech.com. Thanks!
Kansas City, MO
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 08:22:12 PDT