Repair Development-PMA Project Engineer
Southwest Turbine Inc. (STI) has an immediate opening for a Sr. Repair Development-PMA Project Engineer at our Phoenix, AZ facility.
- Prepare FAA major repair & FAA-PMA engineering design packages for both overhauled and new manufactured replacement parts (i.e. turbine nozzles, vane segments, shroud segments, combustors, sheet metal components, etc.) suitable for submission to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) engineering or FAA-DER design approval.
- Create SOLIDWORKS® solid models/2D drawings based on reverse engineering dimensional data obtained from new and airworthy replacement parts.
- Interfaces with engineering, manufacturing & quality team members as well as relevant FAA Designated Engineering (FAA-DER) representatives for the purpose of facilitating & completing project objectives.
- Participates in design review sessions and assists with validation/verification of designs within a team environment.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- 5-7 years related experience in Aerospace/Aviation required
- Expert level proficiency with SOLIDWORKS® 3D modeling.
- GD&T skills including the ability to read and interpret blueprints (ANSI-Y-14.5)
- Experience with inspection equipment Steinbichler (Zeiss) LED Scan, Zeiss CMM, Micro-Vu video, FARO Laser Scan a plus.
- Reverse engineering of solid & air-cooled turbine airfoils a plus
- Experience working with outside vendors to achieve project goals
- Familiarity with FAA regulations.
- Knowledge of aerospace materials, special processes, and inspection methods.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- FAA-RSDER qualification a definite plus.
Southwest Turbine Inc. (STI) is an independent, vertically integrated, aviation company engaged in the design, manufacture, distribution, and sales of FAA approved new, overhauled, and remanufactured replacement parts for Turboprop, Turbofan, and APU gas turbine engines since 1986.
STI markets its product to a worldwide clientele consisting of air cargo, regional, & major airlines as well as agricultural and business aircraft maintenance facilities. STI's in-house manufacturing capabilities include CNC milling & turning; wire/sinker EDM; manual milling and turning; sheet metal forming; heat treating & vacuum brazing; welding; metal spray; aluminide coatings; and non-destructive testing.
STI upholds a value system where our co-workers consistently treat each other with courtesy, dignity & mutual respect. Simply put, "In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you".
If you are a person of integrity, are self-disciplined and conscientious, possess an honest work ethic as well as the requisite skill sets, experience, and passion for excellence necessary to advance STI's continued success; STI will provide you with an extraordinary and financially rewarding career opportunity.
STI maintains a zero tolerance policy towards illicit drug usage and on the job alcohol consumption. STI maintains a clean, climate controlled, safe, focused working environment. Furthermore, STI upholds a zero-tolerance policy concerning any activities that would distract coworkers or negatively affect personal and organizational productivity.
Due to the criticality associated with manufacturing Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved replacement turbine engine parts, STI recruits skilled professionals of the very highest caliber providing them with a wage compensation scale that typically exceeds even the high end of the NTMA average pay scale for Maricopa County, Arizona.
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 16:24:02 PDT