Software Systems Engineer II
SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE.
Nippon Seiki is a world-class manufacturer of instruments for vehicles, agricultural, and construction equipment. Established in 1945, Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd. is headquartered in Japan, in 26 facilities worldwide. N.S. International, Ltd. ("NSI"), a group company of Nippon Seiki, located in Troy, MI, is a tier one supplier of instrument clusters and head-up display units for FCA US, General Motors, BMW, Honda, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and other OEM's.
Leads assigned programs/projects ensuring the systems engineering team meets project milestones and deadlines. Gathers system requirements and creates functional specifications for embedded software design and development. Performs system validation to ensure all requirements have been properly captured and implemented while meeting the customer's delivery expectations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Captures customer requirements for specific program by reviewing documentation and asking questions of the customer's software and/or release team.
- Analyzes and documents customer and NSI internal requirements, and generates internal functional specifications to direct all software created for NSI's products.
- Creates functional test specifications to document testing performed on NSI software.
- Validates all embedded software functions according to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Plans, creates and maintains all software development schedules to meet customer and manufacturing milestones
- Creates and maintains all software open issue lists, and conducts meetings with the customers to support issue resolution.
- Tracks and reports all software issues to the software design team for corrective action.
- Develops and maintains system testing tools such as CANoe panels for each specific message matrix released by the customer.
- Completes all PCE (man hour and function point) requests for the systems group, and prepares quotations for software changes.
- Releases official software to support manufacturing facilities.
- Provides field support to NSI's Integration and Quality Assurance teams to identify root cause of issues.
- Documents customer software functionality in cases where they do not exist to define general functionality to provide fundamental interaction procedures.
- Leads assigned programs/projects and ensure that the systems team meets its required deadlines.
- Reviews other Engineers' work with respect to internal Quality Gate metrics and advices team on necessary changes.
- Presents Quality Gate documentation to Software Quality Assurance team during periodic reviews.
- Mentors and provides guidance to other systems engineers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering with a minimum 3-5 years of experience or a Master's Degree and a minimum 0-2 years of experience in computer science or engineering with satisfactory completion of coursework in Embedded Programming, Embedded Controls and/or Embedded System Design.
Knowledge and experience:
- Work requires in-depth knowledge of CAN communication interface and Vector tools.
- Work requires knowledge of intra vehicle communication tools including CAN, LIN, MOST50, Ethernet (TCP/IP).
- Work requires the ability to use tools such as networking emulators, oscilloscopes, and test boxes to validate and test software functionality.
- Work requires ability to develop function and test specifications for software development.
- Work requires attaining proficient knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, VB, Python, etc) for development of automated testing.
- Work requires experience working with 32 bit microcontrollers.
Travel: Occasional travel domestic / international may be required, maximum 15-20%.
Availability: Normal business hours; after-hours and weekends as needed.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. N.S. International, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
See Job Description
N.S. International, Ltd. is a tier one supplier of Instrument Cluster and Head-Up Display systems to many major automotive OEMs including: General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Honda and BMW. NSI supplies other parts and equipment including fuel gauges, speedometers, tachometers, and a variety of other gauges to Harley Davidson, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Suzuki and others.
N.S. International, Ltd. houses a team of professionals who provide face-to-face support to our customers covering the complete product life cycle. Our onsite expertise includes: Sales, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Design Engineering and Program Management.
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 03:06:16 PDT