LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER - FT up to $185K, benefits
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TEAM LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
- Lead a team of software engineers (Frontend, Backend and Full Stack) in an Agile and AWS environment
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
- Contribute technically to projects
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products
BASIC QUALIFICATION OF THE TEAM LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or closely related degree or equivalent practical experience (Hacker School).
- 7+ years professional experience in software development.
- 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Hands on programming capabilities Java or Scala.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF THE TEAM LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
- Experience shipping successful products
- Strong full stack skills (Java, Backbone.js, CSS, and etc); you will be able to discuss in depth both the design and your significant contributions to one or more projects.
- Experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimization.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational/no-sql databases.
New York, NY
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 13:25:47 PDT