The Staff Accountant is a full-time position responsible for a range of tax and accounting work that includes:
- preparation of domestic Federal, State and Local income/franchise tax returns
- general accounting and write-up work
- payroll and sales tax preparation
- preparation of financial statements
- handling tax notices through and including correspondence with taxing authorities
The successful candidate will interact on a regular basis with clients to help assess client needs in order to discuss and plan strategies with firm partners that answer those needs. Skill and behavioral assessments will be required of all candidates interviewing for this position.
Normal working hours are from 9:00am to 5:30pm; some overtime and local travel may be required. Benefits include employer contribution profit sharing plan, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as 401K, health insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
Education - Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
Experience - Minimum 3-5 years in public accounting
Software - Microsoft Office 2013 or higher including Word, Excel and Outlook; ProSytem FX Tax; ProSystem Engagement, QuickBooks Accountant Desktop; QuickBooks Online; Adobe Acrobat; Tax research tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects and dynamic schedules while maintaining order over workflow
- Detail oriented with strong analytic skills
- Ability to grow and maintain solid client relationships
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strategic thinker and planner
At Farber, Blicht, Eyerman & Herzog LLP we believe that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the firm. Our professional staff take pride in their abilities to work both independently and as small teams with the high level of integrity and commitment to client satisfaction. Your experience here will be challenging and rewarding.
Our high standards, service and specialized staff spell the difference between our outstanding performance, and that of other firms. We make sure that every client is served by the expertise of our whole firm.
A medium-sized accounting firm established in 1977, Farber, Blicht, Eyerman & Herzog, LLP offers a level of service one might expect to find in larger firms. We serve a base of prominent clients in real estate, retail and wholesale choices, manufacturing, personal services, industrial services, commercial truck sales and leasing and major distributors of various products. Our full-service approach is motivated by a desire to build and maintain successful client relationships. But it derives from the unique combination of experience provided by our professional staff. We seek and retain quality personnel who share in our vision and who have a proven record of commitment to their work, their clients and their own personal and professional growth.
Sun, 26 Mar 2017 14:13:31 PDT