Information Assurance (IA) Analyst
Information Assurance (IA) Analyst - WVA
Work Location: Falling Waters, West Virginia
Clearance: Current or recent VA Clearance (Highly Desired)
Certification: None required (See Preferred Skills below)
Shift: Day - Mon - Friday
Notes: This position involves daily personal interface with the client on site as well as with points of contact at applicable VA offices/field sites.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- People skills
- Ability to interface with various working groups
- Ability to conduct required policy research with minimal oversight
Member of a team supporting the VA Office of Cyber Security, Policy and Governance. Support will include information assurance analyst related work, research, document development, facilitation of concurrence and revision of VA Directives, Policies and Handbooks. Additional duties include supporting field sites in addressing questions and issues regarding current VA policy and/or proposed policy development. Duties may also include membership on various related working groups as directed by the client. The team also performs the administrative and analysis functions of the national security Risk Based Decision (RBD) Process, reviewing RBD requests against current policy standard operating procedures and packaging requests for government review and action as applicable.
• Perform security policy research and analysis support.
• Read and analyze NIST Special Publications and other government policies as to effects on current VA policy
• Review and analyze various VA and federal mandates per client direction as to impact on current VA policies and guidance
• Draft updates and/or revisions to VA Directives and Handbooks
• Participation in applicable working groups as assigned.
• Deliverables include presentations, pamphlets, draft directives/policies/handbooks and policy comments matrices.
• U.S. Citizenship
• Bachelors Degree (Associates Degree and additional experience acceptable alternative).
• 2-5 years experience in research/development of policies, directives and handbooks.
• Cyber Security related certifications (Security +, Cloud Security)
• Familiarity with VA, FISMA, NIST policies and guidance related to Cyber Security.
• Provide support for presentations.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Prior VA experience/expertise in policies and procedures
• The ability to multi-task and work independently or as part of a working group depending on the project.
• Provide quality customer service.
• Willing to take the initiative.
• Good interpersonal skills including maintaining a positive attitude.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Falling Waters, WV
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 15:08:58 PDT