Senior Linux Systems Engineer
The engineering team at NMI is a small, agile group that works closely together but requires independent thinking and motivation. Engineers have direct influence over the design and implementation of systems and infrastructure. Expertise should include fluency in Linux, networking, and security. The right candidate will possess strong communication in addition to great troubleshooting and analytical thinking. Additionally, you should have a genuine passion for solving problems related to scalability, security, and redundancy.
Role and Responsibilities
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
- Participate in on-call rotation and manage on-call alerts effectively.
- Perform all other related duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a system engineer role.
- Familiarity with networking equipment such as switches, firewalls and load balancers from Juniper and F5
- Working knowledge of PHP and Perl
- Expertise with Linux Servers particularly Redhat or CentOS
- Expertise with Apache, MySQL, Bash Scripting, Security and Monitoring Tools
- Expertise with Puppet configuration and maintenance
- Being cognizant of Systems Security
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of PCI-DSS is a plus
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Genuine passion for solving problems related to scalability, performance, security and redundancy.
- Working knowledge of source control repositories like GIT
- Analytical Problem-solving
- Technological Orientation
- Continuous Learning
- Coping with Pressure
- Cooperative Teamwork
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- General office conditions.
About the Company
NMI is a leading software provider in the payment processing industry that powers many ecommerce and global enterprises. We create complex, distributed systems where innovation, scalability and performance are of the utmost importance. Millions of transactions around the world traverse the networks and applications that we design, build and maintain.
A Day in the Life
At NMI, we enjoy collaboration in achieving business objectives. In addition, whether its daily catering from any local restaurant or if its participating in our monthly culture events (this month is a running Blokus tournament), we like to play hard after (and sometimes during) a day at work.
Our benefits include:
- Complete medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Vacation/Holiday pay
- Flexible work hours
- Formal training and certification opportunities
- 401k program including matching
- LTD and Life Insurance
- Massages bi-weekly
- Daily Lunch Catering
- Great working environment and culture
Equal Employment Opportunity
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 10:26:29 PDT