We have immediate full-time openings for Engineering Technicians in the Upstate Area. The assignments will be performed under the immediate supervision of a registered professional engineer. The primary responsibilities generally consist of construction quality assurance and quality control at various commercial, industrial, and residential construction projects. Responsibilities include monitoring general contractor activities, onsite testing and reporting of earthwork and soil construction, concrete placement as well as asphalt and laboratory testing. Daily reports are to be prepared for submission to the project engineer and consist of descriptions of construction site observations and summaries of test results. Company vehicle and all safety equipment are provided.
Desired attributes and requirements: (In-house training and mentorship is provided)
- ICC Certification in Soils Special Inspector
- Valid Driver's License and ability to authorize our review of a motor vehicle driving record for the past 7 years.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work use hand tools and testing apparatuses.
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Ability to walk or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors on construction sites in all seasons for extended time periods and work days of up to 12 hours per day.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge in the operation of smart phones and computers for communication and recording time worked.
Bunnell-Lammons Engineering, Inc. and our clients are committed to be a drug free work place. Drug screening is required.
BLE is based in Greenville, S.C., and was founded in 1996. A regional office is located in Asheville, N.C. BLE provides a wide range of services to commercial, financial, industrial, municipal, construction contractors, and architectural/design engineering clients in the Southeastern United States. BLE utilizes a Project Team approach to serve our clients. This approach provides an orderly and systematic method for work assignments using the level of talent and experience required for the project. BLE is strategically positioned to serve the Southeastern United States.
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 10:41:05 PDT