Temp to Hire Senior Accountant
Our client in Huntington Beach specializes in helping clients align information technology, process and people with business goals. With over two decades of practical experience garnered in real-world business environments, they have delivered measurable results for a wide range of organizations, from small start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises representing an equally diverse range of industries.
Position: Senior Accountant
The senior accountant is responsible for areas relating to accounting functions and financial reporting. This position must meet tight deadlines and will be involved in a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger, financial reporting, fixed asset, inventory control, sales and business taxes, budgeting and audits. This position will also be responsible for following proper accounting policies and procedures and timely financial reporting. The ideal candidate must be detailed oriented while multi-tasking in a fast-paced company. The senior accountant reports to the accounting supervisor.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
• Complete monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts
• Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
• Assist the accounting supervisor in the daily cash/banking activities
• Provide timely and accurate financial analysis to management for key revenue metrics on a monthly basis.
• File annual business tax, property tax, and city business license renewal
• Assist with all audits, budgeting and special projects as required.
• Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
• Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent GAAP or IFRS knowledge
• Strong analytical and technical accounting skills
• Strong organization and detail oriented skills
• Excellent time management and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or equivalent
• CPA highly desirable but not required
• Minimum 4 years of accounting experience in a fast pace and deadline driven environment
• Must be proficient with MS Office, accounting software, MS Dynamics GP a plus
Our client is a growing International Retail Chain with operations in 30+ countries!
Huntington Beach, CA
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 08:34:08 PDT