Senior Network Engineer
The role of the Sr. Network Engineer is to ensure the smooth operation of Terumo BCT's voice and data network in order to provide maximum performance and availability for the system users. The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and supporting LAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructures at all locations globally. The Sr. Network Engineer provides high-level technical support for voice and data network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and works projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved communication equipment and procedures. The Sr. Network Engineer must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems. This position requires excellent problem management and customer service skills.
- Will provide recommendations on strategic direction for network and telecommunications function to management.
- Responsible for ensuring problem identification, isolation and resolution within the service level objectives for routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, VPN, wireless and associated network equipment at all Terumo BCT sites/locations, both domestic and international.
- Responsible for initial design and implementation of network and telecommunication services for new business offices and upgrades to existing offices in accordance with Terumo BCT standards.
- Work with assigned teams in providing detailed investigation of network/telecom issues within the local area, wide area networks and telecom infrastructure, including formal root cause analysis.
- Provides network/telecom support and training for customers, other ITS technical groups and implementation teams.
- Will direct assigned teams in the implementation, configuration and maintenance of network and telecom equipment using Terumo BCT and/or established industry standards.
- Oversee activities of network/telecom vendors to ensure established service level agreements are met
- Ensures the appropriate creation and maintenance of function's technical and training documentation.
- Monitor network and telecom infrastructure; summarize and report on performance statistics.
- Perform/participate in analysis and research of new technologies/solutions
- Apply highly professional business and/or technical knowledge when working with clients, other ITS groups, and vendors in activities such as identifying options, selection, analyzing, designing, installation, coding, maintenance, and testing of information technology solutions specific to network/telecom requirements.
- Dedicated to providing quality client service and being proactive and responsive to client needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- Minimum 10 years experience
- Minimum 7years in-depth experience working with Cisco routers and switches, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Required proven experience in leading, mentoring, developing a strong and dedicated team of technically diverse personnel.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of local and wide area network concepts and implementations such as Enterasys/Cisco switching/routing and Ethernet, Frame Relay, MPLS, FDDI, ATM, ISDN, TCP/IP, Internet.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of routing/switching technologies.
- Requires knowledge of Voice Over IP telephony.
- Requires knowledge of Wireless networking to include 802.11a/b/g/n
- Ability to design, implement and maintain local and wide area networks with minimum review.
- Ability to monitor and interpret network performance data to identify real and potential problem areas and make improvements.
- Provide integrated technical solutions for data communications requirements.
- Strong understanding of network security issues and risks and the ability to implement hardware and software solutions to minimize this risk.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and recommend changes in an existing, changing, or emerging environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business/technical problems and select, design, or implement information technology solutions in accordance with business needs.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of multiple business disciplines.
- Requires ability to lead projects.
- Requires ability to educate and train others.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Cisco certifications preferred, such CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
- Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Additional Physical Requirements
Must be willing to travel.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
- Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
- One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
- Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado our Global Company with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories with more than 5,200 associates around the world and 3,000 located in the U.S.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development. (2011 & 2012)
One of Colorado
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:27:45 PDT