Strategic Sourcing Manager
iRobot is in search of a Sourcing Manager. The selected candidate will report to the Senior Procurement Manager. The Sourcing Manager is responsible for leveraging company-wide opportunities and negotiating strategic procurement initiatives. This position will lead and develop category strategies with long-term goals and visions. The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Engineering, Advanced Development and Business Unit groups are able to design and build products using components from reliable suppliers that meet iRobot's volume, cost and quality requirements.
In this role you will manage a portfolio of commodities to optimize the supply base and deliver financial benefit from supply chain improvements and strategic initiatives. You will also work closely with engineering to locate and develop new sources of supply to support new product introduction and negotiate necessary contracts to establish the business relationship.
This is an exciting, dynamic role in which you will work across all the departments in iRobot and be looked to as an expert to identify and/or develop new suppliers and establish strategic relationships for a wide variety of needs, both technical and commercial.
An ideal candidate will have a technical degree, such as engineering, and experience in supplier identification, validation and negotiation. Strong business acumen is a must as you will be look to choose the right supplier for iRobot and put in place contracts that will protect iRobot's interests.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
Key job responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Identify and leverage opportunities and directly negotiate programs to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership across category and/or product line.
- Acts as principle new component/subassembly supply and procurement support to Advanced Development and Engineering for all new product development
- Work closely with engineering and Advanced Development teams to identify, qualify and components from existing and new suppliers both locally and internationally.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Prepares, distributes and analyzes responses to Request for Information, Proposal, Quote (RFI, RFP, RFQ), and Statements of Work (SOW), and service agreements.
- Constantly seeks and identifies opportunities for value creation (cost savings, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement) and risk reduction.
- Conducts market research, evaluation and selection of new and current technologies.
- Ability to manage high-value, high-complexity SOWs, RFx's, and contracts with minimal direction.
- Lead the development, modification, and negotiation of various types of agreements for the purchase of goods and services. Ensure agreements have supplier accountability including performance metrics, SLAs, and warranties with clearly defined penalties for non-performance.
- Measurable accomplishments and experience in a strategic procurement role to include contract negotiations, cost reductions, supplier selection, and supplier management.
- Extensive international procurement experience preferred / domestic and international sourcing.
- Extensive commodity management experience is preferred.
- Possesses vision of entire business need, and have commitment to meet short-term requirements while working to long-term objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications. Produces clear documentation geared to all audiences.
- Strong business and legal acumen - seasoned professional required, capable of performing with minimum supervision.
- Positive and energetic team player with strong cross-functional team experience.
- Strong analytical problem solving aptitude.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, finance, operations or related field with 10-12 years of purchasing and procurement experience. Legal training is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel internationally and domestically about 25% of the time.
iRobot is an "Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
iRobot designs and builds robots that make a difference.
iRobot was founded in 1990 by Massachusetts Institute of Technology roboticists with the vision of making practical robots a reality.
In 2015, iRobot generated $617 million in revenue and employed more than 500 of the robot industry's top professionals, including mechanical, electrical and software engineers and related support staff. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
iRobot's corporate headquarters are located in Bedford, Mass. The company also has offices in California, the United Kingdom, China and Hong Kong.
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 08:17:44 PDT