About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-034
Posting Start Date: 4/17/2017
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $42,603 - $47,978
Overview of position: The ABE Program Coordinator is responsible for meeting the needs of basic skills students through planning, coordinating, implementing, evaluating, and reporting on program activities and collaboration with college staff, faculty and community partners
- Ensure that measureable marketing, recruitment, and retention activities are met for assigned sites and the Program
- Ensure that measurable enrollment activities are met for the assigned sites and overall program
- Supervise and evaluate effectiveness of instructional staff in concert with Instructional Specialist
- Assist the Director with collecting and analyzing data and preparing reports
- Ensure measurable times are met for submission of registration forms, learner enrollment forms, update forms, and related student documents
- Ensure measurable times are met for registration and placement testing for new and returning students
- Submit reports on attendance, participation, and program activity to client and BCCC as required by the program contract
- Conduct student assessments (pre and post) and registration for assigned sites
- Support instructional program activity, including scheduling of classrooms, maintaining program records; delivering instructional supplies to each class site, creating master schedules and faculty contracts, and submitting faculty timesheets
- Assist the Instructional Specialist with coordinating faculty assignments
- Assist with coordinating College Link activities and employment preparation activities
- Develop community partnerships, funding opportunities, and grant proposals
- Create MOUs/MOAs and service proposals for potential clients
- Teach when a substitute teacher is not available
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Education of related field; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in educational program management or supervision
- Minimum of two (2) years of classroom instruction (experience in adult education preferred)
- Two (2) years of experience in adult education or higher education setting
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.