Perform daily and monthly accounting tasks related to EFT transactions, bank accounts, and month/quarter end close.
- Download payment information from Bank of America and distribute it to Central Billing for posting to the student ledger accounts
- Reconcile the daily inflow of payments to the student ledger system to ensure accurate posting
- Resolve reconciling items related to payments via communications with Central Billing
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Communicate reconciling differences to the appropriate department on a weekly basis
- Perform daily banking activities
- Post book charges and payroll tuition deductions to student accounts
- Analyze financial data in order to prepare various journal entries
- Process ACH Refunds to the VA
- Assist in the preparation of the audit and/or ad hoc projects on an as needed basis
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2 - 5 years of experience in the corporate accounting environment
- Experience with high-volume, smaller $ transactions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills using advance Excel functions and the ability to search data and present results in useful format
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- CPA Candidate preferred not required
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.