Gift Entry Specialist
Gift Entry Specialist
Position Number: 53000357
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 04/30/2017
Salary Minimum: $15.87 per hour
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Gift Entry Specialist. This Gift Entry Specialist is responsible for the planning, development, and refinement of an internal comprehensive gift accounting program, which includes the processing, auditing, and acknowledgement of gifts in the Raiser's Edge advancement data system (RE). This position is responsible for accurately processing a high volume of sensitive information in connection with gifts received for the support of the University; update of donor information; timely acknowledgement to donors and reporting to internal and external parties. The Gift Entry Specialist will perform all functions with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality. This position also requires the ability to work under deadline pressure with attention to detail and accuracy always as a primary goal. During peak times, some overtime may be required.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Gift Entry Specialist will:
- Daily processing of both gift and non-gift revenue from individuals, corporations, foundations, and organizations received in a timely manner in our database management system. This includes online giving, recurring gifts, payroll donations, matching gifts (process forms), stock gifts, gifts-in-kind, etc., in accordance with all IRS and GAAP regulations. Evaluate, sort and total all gifts into gift batches for entry. Analyze gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds, appeals for each gift to be processed. Communication with external donors and Advancement Office Development Officers will be required in order to ensure accurate entry of gifts. Must be conscious of data security and risk management.
- Timely processing of donor letters, acknowledgments, and receipts for all gifts within 48 hours of receipt. Process all honor/memorial gifts with appropriate notifications to honoree or family of honoree. Organize, coordinate and maintain the integrity of hardcopy filing system of gift records for the Foundation's annual audit. Coordinates monthly employee payroll deductions with HR Payroll Supervisor and reconciles batch.
- Maintain a matching gift program by monitoring corporate matching gift programs and RE corporate records. Manage pledges and planned gifts, including but not limited to posting new pledges and planned gifts; applying pledge and matching gift payments; processing pledge reminders; maintaining pledge forms for annual Foundation audit process; and processing receipt of planned gifts.
- Track gift appeals and solicitors to provide accurate reporting for the President, Vice President, Advancement development team and upper management. Create computer records for new constituents and organizations including entering appropriate constituent codes, names, addresses, phones, email, and marriage/partner status relationships. Update biographical data in RE as provided by constituent's information on checks and/or correspondence and in accordance with database protocol. Develop policies and procedures for gift receipting, acknowledgement, gift notification, pledge reminders and other system-related function and processes. Assist Database Manager to insure that information in the database is current, accurate and complete
- Generate weekly gift reports, end of year letters, pledge reminder letters, and other reports as needed. Maintain and update both print and web forms for payroll deductions and pledges.
- Assist with event preparation, particularly by processing gifts, recording and updating NetCommunity, mailings and other duties as requested by Director of Advancement Services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- High degree of accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work under deadline pressures
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external constituencies in a University environment
- Adept at evaluating problems accurately and displaying sound and confidential judgement
- Must have an even disposition and be able to work effectively and politely with all people from all types of backgrounds and experience and in all types of situations
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Minimum two (2) years college required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years data entry experience
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge software is preferred
- Raiser's Edge certification a plus
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.