Avoka has created digital sales software for banks, financial institutions and government agencies, allowing them to acquire and service customers on digital and mobile devices. Leading banks use Avoka software for their pply online" processes for credit cards and account opening. Headquarters are in Sydney and Denver, with significant operations in the UK.
Avoka is a multi-award winning organization including three "Best in Show Awards" at Finovate voted for by the audience; Citi Mobile Challenge Customer Experience Award; and named one of the "Top 10 Fintech Emerging Stars" at Finovate by KPMG.
Our Client Services Team is seeking a skilled and experienced "Senior Technical Consultant" to join like-minded and highly motivated professionals in a collaborative environment where innovation, problem solving skills and a proactive approach to work is greatly rewarded. You will leverage your development skills and knowledge of our products to help our clients to rapidly deliver innovative on-line experiences to their customers.
Your Major Responsibilities:
- Understand the business requirements and translate these into technical solutions
- Work in a project consulting environment and provide the technical lead in the planning, analysis, development, testing and transitioning to live customer solutions
- Develop and grow relationships with clients
- Consult with clients to create a revolutionary digital user experience
- Integrate customer solutions to third party and backend systems
- Keep up to date with the latest release, technology updates appropriate for the role
- Provide consulting leadership through knowledge sharing, mentoring and skills development
Your Minimum Qualifications:
- 6+ years commercial software delivery experience in a vendor (consultancy or development).
- 2+ years as a web application developer with exposure to the different layers of the stack aside from your area of expertise
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of the following (or equivalent substitute):
- Principals of Object Oriented Programming
- HTML, CSS
- Experience with the following (or equivalent substitute):
- Manipulating data formats such as XSD, XML, JSON (with tools and code)
- WebService/Restful Endpoints
- Responsive layouts
- Competency with:
- Databases e.g. SQLServer, Oracle or MySQL
- Deployments including Web Servers, App Servers, Databases, Operating Systems
- Proven ability to turn a customer requirement into a design
- High level of attention to detail for visual elements
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to influence and liaise across all levels
- The ability to research and learn new technologies quickly
- Adobe Lifecycle experience highly desirable
- Extensive experience working and leading in a client facing environment with financial services (banks, wealth management, insurance) a strong plus
- Occasional travel to customer sites
- US or Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Avoka offers the best of both worlds - the stability of an established 14-year-old company, with blue chip customers worldwide, and the growth trajectory of a startup, with 50% annual growth and a new round of funding to accelerate and create ever-changing opportunities. Avoka employees don't just follow a job description, they are part of creating it every day!
In the Broomfield office, we are proud of our dynamic team of talented individuals and creative forces. The Colorado location provides for outstanding weather and is a haven for anyone who loves outdoor activities! Our office is located halfway between Boulder and Denver near the beautiful Flatirons mountains. We encourage you to come join our dynamic team!
Reports To: Director of Client Services - North America
Location of Position: Broomfield/Interlocken, Colorado office. Potential for remote location for top candidates.
Avoka is a Great Place to Work! In addition to a competitive salary, full benefits (health, dental, vision), 401k matching, a culture of learning and working with the latest technology, we also support a work-life balance and enjoy having fun in the midst of the chaos.
Avoka (USA), Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Fintech is one of the hottest sectors in technology today. Attracting billions in investment every quarter to help banks digitize their business models.
Avoka is one of the hottest companies in Fintech and based here in Colorado:
• KPMG Top 10 fintech innovators
• Inc. Magazine 22 fintech starters to watch
• Finovate 3 times best of show winners
• Celent Model Bank Awards
AND WE ARE HIRING!!!
You will have the opportunity to learn new skills, work on public facing web and mobile solutions like Account Opening, Mortgage Applications and Wealth Management for some of the largest financial institutions in the US and globally. We're helping banks, wealth managers and insurers become easier to do business within the digital age. You can be part of the fintech revolution!
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:37:00 PDT