Staff Counselor/Staff Psychologist
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 04-14-2017
This 10 month position will provide brief individual, couples and group counseling, assessment, crisis intervention and management, consultation and liaison, outreach programming, and be involved in our training program.
This position also coordinates the ongoing Sexual Assault Survivor Services program. The incumbent will also provide counseling and advocacy to sexual assault survivors through the legal system, internal complaint system at the University, and through University investigations. The incumbent will serve on university-wide committees that address Title IX training, and training for campus based Confidential Advisors. The incumbent will represent the department in policy development in compliance with relevant local, state, and federal laws related to sexual violence.
1. Doctorate or Master's Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology or related field
2. Experience providing counseling services to survivors of sexual assault.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
2. College/University counseling center experience
3. Experience and/or expertise in university responses to sexual assault and sexual violence, including experience collaborating with professionals who serve as Title IX coordinators, student judicial officers, university police, and other health care providers.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.