Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 04-18-2017
The purpose of this position is to assist with providing accurate estimates of maintenance projects and/or budget oversight of maintenance projects based upon industry, regional, local, and University standards.
1. Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation approved by Human Resources:
(a) Bachelor's degree with a major in civil engineering or architecture (verify with transcript); OR
(b) Three (3) years of construction management and/or building project management experience.
2. One (1) ADDITIONAL year of building construction management and/or building project management experience.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Experience with maintenance and construction in an institutional setting.
2. Knowledge of the design, construction, and maintenance of building systems.
3. Experience with area contractors and suppliers.
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously with sufficient detail and accuracy.
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with a wide variety of University personnel, including faculty, staff, students, consultants, and constituent groups.
6. Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and in writing and to prepare reports in a timely manner.
7. Computer proficiency in AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT, Word and Excel and ability to learn new programs quickly.
8. Must be able to work independently and be part of a collaborative team.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.