Administrative Coordinator, Employee Health
Requisition # 2017-7383
Department Health Services
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 4/17/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Coordinator of Employee Health is responsible for overseeing the daily front desk operation of the Employee Health office. The Coordinator manages the department budget and performs all accounting functions related to the Employee Health budget. This includes performing monthly forecasting, tracking expenses and producing periodic financial reports for the department. This position has operational oversight of patient reception, appointment scheduling, and inventory. The Coordinator is also responsible for effectively managing employee electronic medical records using the Occupational Health Management System. The Coordinator collaborates daily with department managers throughout the University including Human Resources (HR), Risk Management (RM), Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), as well as clients of the service, regarding Short Term Disability (STD) and Workers' Compensation (WC) issues.
The Coordinator has a working knowledge of the Clinical Services Associate administrative role and exemplifies all the values inherent in delivering high quality customer service to internal and external customers in keeping with the established mission and values of UHS, acting as a role model in the department.
Administrative Management (55%)
- Coordinates non clinical case management tasks for Workers' Compensation and Short Term Disability cases with the departments of Risk Management, Human Resources, Environmental Health and Safety, and outside providers. Serves as the point person for Workers Compensation and Short Term Disability claims.
- Manages the medical records for Employee Health utilizing the Occupational Health Management System (OHMS). This web-based computer system provides front-end case-management tools to coordinate services for injured employees.
- Provides oversight of the electronic medical record system as well as a hybrid chart to ensure that the system is organized, complete and meets the needs of the service. Is responsible for managing updates and for keeping the records up-to-date. Originates bills for departments for employees who receive services. Utilizes the systems tools for analysis and reporting.
- Participates in discussions regarding compensability, referrals and treatment updates for Employee Health.
- Communicates with department managers and clients regarding their individual concerns/questions re: WC and STD while maintaining confidentiality, recognizing the sensitive nature of the material discussed.
- Manages the front desk operations for Employee Health on a daily basis. Provides operational oversight to ensure sensitive and efficient patient reception, appointment scheduling, time management, time collection responsibilities and inventory management.
- Manages and maintains contracts with existing vendors, and participates in a collaborative process to identify and negotiate contracts with new outside vendors.
- Collects data on a monthly basis, performs data analysis, looks for trends, and creates metrics to prepare reports that will assist with overall strategic planning.
- Provides office management of the examinations included in the medical surveillance programs, maintaining accurate data, scheduling appointments and assuring that the University is in compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and state guidelines.
- Performs all administrative responsibilities of the Clinical Services Associate for Employee Health as outlined in the job description for that position when that person is absent
- Financial Management (30%)
- Manages all departmental expenditures, collects data and prepares corresponding financial reports, for 3 project/grants with aggregate annual spending and income of approximately $61,000 and $14,000 respectively.
- Exerts discretionary judgment for purchases to ensure cost containment, value and availability of funds.
- Prepares monthly and annual budget for Employee Health
- Performs weekly, monthly, and annual reconciliation of the Employee Health operational budget
- Performs monthly forecasting to ensure optimal use of financial resources
- Provides all accounting functions for the project grants using Princeton Prime financial management system ensuring all supporting documentation is present and all general ledger related coding is accurate.
- Works in conjunction with the UHS Finance Manager to provide quarterly and annual financial reports and analyses detailing departmental expenditures
- Orders supplies via PeopleSoft, Princeton Marketplace, and uses departmental credit card within budgetary limits and in accordance with University policy.
- Manages departmental Travel using Concur, the University's travel electronic system.
- Maintains financial records for annual continuing education allocations for Employee Health staff.
- Approves departmental credit card charges for continuing education and travel of Employee Health
- Ensures effective financial processes are in place in Employee Health that are compliant with UHS and University policies, procedures and regulations.
- Reviews and approves bi-weekly time card submissions of casual employees utilizing the Time Collection system when needed.
- Supervises casual office support staff.
- Participates in hiring, training, assigning work, reviewing performance of casual office support staff.
- Quality Improvement:
- Participates in the collection of data to support Quality Improvement activities.
- Develops data spreadsheets and graphs as needed.
- Compiles and maintains departmental statistics
- Participates in UHS committees as assigned
- Plans and implements departmental schedules including monthly staff meetings in concert with the Director.
- Develops memos, reports, correspondence, and procedural documents.
- Coordinates the recruitment and orientation process for new hires.
Health Promotion and Education (5%)
- Assists and collaborates in the management of health and wellness programs/activities for staff and faculty including screenings, other offerings as well as coordinating 2-3 blood drives annually
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years of experience in a busy medical practice
- Customer service training and aptitude
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Sharepoint
- Experience using PeopleSoft, Occupational Health Management System, or ability to learn those systems.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, budget forecasting and reporting, accounting procedures and budget reconciliation.
- Be comfortable in handling multiple tasks in a busy setting
- Flexibility/ability to accommodate the scheduling needs of the service.
- Be knowledgeable in principles and methodologies (e.g., Plan-Do-Study-Act, Root Cause Analysis, measurement, data collection, and analysis) needed to support and lead Quality Improvement projects and activities and/or willing to attend UHS-based Quality Improvement basic training within first 6-months of hire.
- Bachelor's degree
- CPR certification
- Knowledge of Workers' Compensation and Short Term Disability.
- Management supervisory skills
- Budget/bookkeeping skills
- Medical records and regulatory compliance knowledge.
- Familiarity with total work systems (such as the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, and Baldrige National Quality Program); and reviewing and analyzing data.
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.