University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Neurology, Neurohospitalist/Stroke Division, and the Department of Medicine, Hospital Medicine Group, has an immediate opening for a full time Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The primary appointment will be in the Department of Neurology with secondary appointment in the Department of Medicine.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work in collaboration with the Department of Neurology Neurohospitalist/Stroke faculty and provide clinical care for General Neurology/Stroke inpatients, inpatient or ED consultation patients (including Neurology/Stroke inpatient, Neuro-ICU, and Step Down patients), and observations status patients.
- Teaching and education of PA's and NP's, nursing staff, pharmacy staff, ED staff, medical students, neurology residents, patients, patient families, patient caregivers, and others.
- Non-clinical responsibilities include input into hospital systems, development of critical pathways, quality and process improvement, committee work, and projects aimed at improving the Neurohospitalist/Stroke and Hospital Medicine Group mission. You will also be expected to attend the group's meetings and educational events. Other duties may be assigned as need arises.
- Opportunities to mentor/coach and precept advanced practice (NP/PA) fellows.
- BA/BS degree and advanced PA or NP (ACPN) degree.
- National certification.
- License to practice in Colorado.
Significant experience with neurological patients and inpatient experience preferred but not required.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09169
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20244 - SOM-Neurology
Posting Date: Apr 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Stefanie Brown
Posting Contact Email: Stefanie.Brown@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00732675