Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The candidate will work as a Professional Research Assistant in the iC42 Toxicology Laboratory in the Department of Anesthesiology. iC42 Toxicology is a state-of-the art clinical mass spectrometry facility and carries out clinical toxicology screening, drug-of-abuse analytics and therapeutic drug monitoring for pain medications.
The candidate will report to Laboratory Director and iC42 Toxicology's Laboratory Manager, who will also provide mentorship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate's work will include but will not be limited to:
- Sample receipt and management
- Sample preparation
- Analytics (HPLC, LC/mass spectrometry)
- HPLC and LC-MS assay development and validation
- Maintenance of the analytical instrumentation
- Maintenance of a regulatory compliant clinical laboratory environment
- Data analysis
- Data management
- Quality control
- Assistance in the preparation of reports
- Preparation and management of documentation
Training in all above-mentioned technologies will be provided. It is expected that work hours will be flexible and will include 6.00 a.m. start of the work day and working on week-ends.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Minimum requirement is a B.S. degree or equivalent in biology/ microbiology/ chemistry/ biochemistry or a related field.
- Previous experience in the above-mentioned technologies and assays and/or in a toxicology or clinical laboratory will be desirable.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9195
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20138 - SOM-Anesthesiology
Posting Date: Apr 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kecia Keliiholokai
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00732704