Assistant Vice Chancellor for Digital Education
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of the Provost
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Digital Education
Position #732730 - Requisition 09221
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of the Provost has an opening for a part-time, University Staff (unclassified), Assistant Vice Chancellor for Digital Education position.
This position is only open to current faculty members at CU Denver and CU Anschutz.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
For more information on our campuses, please click on the following links:
Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Nature of Work
The Assistant Vice Chancellor for Digital Education (AVCDE) is the primary liaison between the academic units of the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus and the CU Online technical and academic support staff led by the CU Online Academic Technology Director. The AVCDE is a fifty percent twelve-month administrative appointment with the expectation that the individual in this position continues in their faculty role. The AVCDE works closely and collaboratively with the deans, chairs, and faculty of CU Denver and CU Anschutz colleges and schools, as well as other University leadership, to facilitate the development and implementation of high quality digital education programs, including online and other modalities. The AVCDE also leads efforts to evaluate and improve digital education programs at the University. The AVCDE works collaboratively with the CU Online Academic Technology Director to facilitate communication, outreach, and partnership between CU Online and academic units across the University.
Possible activities and goals include:
- Work with faculty across the University to facilitate the development of new online and digital programs and the expansion of existing programs
- In collaboration with CU Online, help create, enhance, and evaluate online learning and digital education technologies and services
- Increase communication, collaboration and inspiration related to digital education between academic units, CU Online, University leadership, and the libraries
- Work with faculty and University leadership to create effective IT governance for teaching and learning
- Work collaboratively with deans, chairs, faculty, the Center for Faculty Development, CU Online, and University leadership to develop, implement, and evaluate academic priorities and strategic objectives related to digital education and student digital fluency
- As requested by the Provost, serve as the University academic representative to system-level efforts in online and digital education
- Work with relevant student affairs leadership and staff to help develop and improve online student services that comprehensively support the unique needs of all online students, including international students taking courses online
- Work with University administration, the Office of Faculty Affairs and school/college leadership to help ensure that faculty members' online teaching and innovations in digital technology and pedagogy are considered and rewarded appropriately during faculty evaluation processes
- Work within existing organizational structures to accomplish job objectives
- Provide support to University accreditation efforts that relate to digital education
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Earned, terminal degree with a current appointment as a professor or associate professor in the tenure/tenure track or clinical teaching track ranks at the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Expertise in, experience with, and leadership of digital education initiatives that are well-integrated with traditional educational programs.
- Experience working collaboratively with faculty and staff across many disciplines.
- Knowledge of or experience creating best practices for student retention and degree completion, particularly with diverse student populations.
- Experience and aptitude in data-driven decision making.
- Experience as a chair, unit head, or associate dean.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Documented success as a university educator.
- Knowledge of university organizational structure and decision-making processes.
- Ability to create and nurture multiple diverse collaborations and partnerships
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with all levels of faculty, administration, staff, and students.
- Ability to understand and navigate complex organizational arrangements and work effectively within established structures.
- Ability to collaboratively lead change and innovation in a complex organization.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Commitment to student success.
- Commitment to the scholarship of teaching and learning with digital technology.
- Capacity to work in a matrix structure as an effective team member.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Jessi Zemetra at Jessi.Zemetra@ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. This position is only open to current faculty members at CU Denver and CU Anschutz. Application deadline is April 24, 2017
Job Category: Executive
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30026 - Provost/VC Academic&Student Af
Posting Date: Apr 17, 2017
Closing Date: Apr 24, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Jessi Zemetra
Posting Contact Email: Jessi.Zemetra@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00732730