Lecturer - Counseling
University of Colorado
The individual in a temporary part-time lecturer position will teach courses on a semester-by-semester appointment, subject to course and budget availability. Must be open to using electronic media for instruction, such as CANVAS (Learning Management System) and Livetext, as courses at UCD can be offered as face-to-face, hybrid, or online.
Teaching assignments may fluctuate and are contingent upon the schedule of courses offered each term, the required number of student enrollments in your tentatively scheduled course(s), and budget availability. Thus, we cannot guarantee that you will teach particular courses or that you will actually teach in a given term.
Course for which we are seeking lecturers:
- To practice and develop core counseling skills.
- To identify professional strengths and areas for improvement.
- To engage in self-reflection regarding one's skills as a counselor.
- To observe and reflect on actual counseling sessions, and identify dimensions of the process.
- To learn techniques for facilitating focused problem exploration and resolution.
- Earned master's degree in Counseling (CACREP preferred) or related field.
- Experience with culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse communities, knowledge of urban school issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Self-starter, quick learner and highly motivated.
- Ability to work as a member of team and within a collaborative work environment.
- Skills utilizing technology
- Success in working with students from diverse backgrounds and within a multicultural environment.
- Evidence of understanding of historic and present day sociocultural issues that influence and are influenced by education, as well as a commitment to social justice.
- Experience working with undergraduate college students
- Experience in multicultural counseling training demonstrated competence
- Specialized training in trauma
- LPC/LMFT or similar preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position has been established at $4,350 per 3 credit course taught. This amount is adjusted according to workload (up to two courses per term). This will be a semester-by-semester appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
This part-time appointment is not eligible for group health, life insurance and retirement benefits.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, refer to requisition 09186. REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). Current curriculum vitae 2). Proof of highest degree earned (can be unofficial transcripts) If your application is selected for further consideration, you will be asked to provide two confidential recommendation letters from individuals who have specific knowledge of the skills you possess that apply to this position.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30062 - EDUC-Dean's Office
Posting Date: Apr 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jessica Coon
Posting Contact Email: SEHDHR@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00653870