Sys Fac Dev-Gen - 952000
The University of North Texas is the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support.
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas Systems is seeking to hire a Campus Planner to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for the coordination and project management of professional service providers (Architects/ Planners) retained to develop planning and programming documentation for capital improvement projects.
* Participates in planning meetings, workshops, design charrettes and plan review sessions in collaboration with design and construction project managers to provide guidance to the planning process for capital projects to meet the academic and strategic goals of the UNT System and campuses.
* Interprets and develops planning concepts and provides technical recommendations regarding the development and implementation of planning elements and projects.
* Responsible for developing, managing and updating master plan documents.
* Assists in developing and implementing a master plan design review process.
* Analyzes development impacts, transportation and campus district planning needs.
* Assists in the development of RFQs and participates in the selection and recommendation of professional service providers.
* Produces clear and concise verbal and written reports and presentations at public forums in conjunction with supervisor.
Works with system, campus, and community officials, consultants, and various committees on complex and sensitive planning issues.
* Provides high quality research and analysis, interprets data, and synthesizes conclusions into recommendations.
* Produces graphics, maps, and other informational materials required for presentations.
* Conducts site analyses, reviews and processes campus plan change requests.
* Participates in the development of short and long range plans and programs for campus improvement and development.
* Coordinates mapping, siting and conceptual design activities in conjunction with preparation of specific and long range development plans.
* Verifies that proposed capital projects are in compliance with System Design Standards and Campus Master Plans.
* Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned by the Associate Director.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field and four years of progressively relevant capital project planning management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, training, and/or education which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Demonstrated ability to perform project management related tasks including managing professional service (Architects/ Planners) providers and developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
* Knowledge of building systems and principles and the ability to constructively review documentation produced by outside professional service providers.
* Knowledge of design, cost, schedule and constructability of proposed capital projects.
* Knowledge of local, state, and national building and life safety codes and regulations, or ability to assimilate within three (3) months.
* Ability to manage multiple assigned projects and client relationships.
* Knowledge of university campus planning and current development.
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of campus planning in the areas of urban design, site impact analysis, land use suitability, transportation, and functional planning.
* Ability to research, analyze and develop technical reports and presentations.
* Ability to organize and prioritize time and resources to meet internal and external deadlines.
* Shows initiative and ability to obtain appropriate results with minimum direction.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
* Ability to work with computer programs to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve text and data.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Professional accreditation or working towards accreditation in the field most closely aligned with educational experience.
* Experience related to higher education campus planning, design, and/or construction.
* Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is located on the University of North Texas Dallas job site. All applicants must apply online at http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/postings/2722
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled