Desktop Support Analyst
Be Boulder in your career! You're someone who loves solving problems and delivering solutions. You're technically savvy and passionate about helping customers. If you have experience with desktop support, then we would love to have you join our team at CU Boulder in Facilities Management as a Desktop Support Analyst.
Who we are:
The Facilities Management Desktop Support group is responsible for providing computing and network support for multi-platform desktop and mobile systems within Facilities Management.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Proactively manage Windows computers using Microsoft Active Directory, including management of security groups, computer principles, and Group Policy Objects. Work with users, Desktop Support Team, and Information Systems to identify and remediate security risks to desktop supported computers and systems that connect to high impact systems (Building Automation Systems).
- Conduct research and experiments to determine appropriate technical solutions.
- Create and update documentation that describes new process, procedures or trouble shooting steps. Update tickets in a work management application to include current status and steps taken, and communicate any additional work needed to the appropriate team members. Maintain databases related to computer equipment, user accounts, and mobile devices.
Technology Enhancement Services
- Plan, design, and implement future enhancements and upgrades to the departmental application software, desktop supported servers, hosted services, and hardware to enhance productivity and evaluate the feasibility, compatibility, performance, and cost effectiveness of potential system upgrades.
Training and Professional development
- Expand technical skills by learning and sharing new technologies, systems, applications, and procedures with the Desktop Support team. Provide training to departmental end users on various desktop applications and IT related best practices. Assist the Desktop Support Manager in training new hires, students and cross-training within the unit and with the Information Systems group.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this position is $45,000-$52,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be effective. Be driven. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate's degree and two years of full-time equivalent desktop support or helpdesk experience, supporting Windows computers.
Substitution: Prior work experience in desktop or helpdesk support, supporting Windows computers, which provided the same kind, amount and level of knowledge acquired in the required education, may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for education.
What you will need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to build relationships and provide customer service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer technology on own initiative, independently, or as part of a team. Ability to troubleshoot new computer problems for which there is not a set procedure.
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience troubleshooting Windows computers, Android and iOS devices. Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM (or similar).
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 1, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09058.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10492 - Facilities Management
Posting Date: Apr 17, 2017
Closing Date: May 1, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00732525