University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - Cancer Center
Position #731414 - Requisition #09217
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Cancer Center has an opening for a full time CEPEG Programmer/Analyst (unclassified) positon.
The Community Epidemiology & Program Evaluation Group (CEPEG) is seeking a programmer/analyst to join our survey operations unit. Primary responsibilities involve database management/administration, including data definitions. ETL operations, and data update and retrieval; software scripting/programming to create web, postal mail, and telephone survey questionnaires and electronically import questionnaire data; and (secondarily) statistical analysis of complex-sample data. The position also serves as higher-level backup support as needed for computer-assisted telephone interview operations and other survey data collection activities.
CEPEG is housed in the University of Colorado Cancer Center (UCCC), located on the Anschutz Medical Campus. The UCCC is Colorado's only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, a distinction recognizing its outstanding contributions to research, clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. UCCC is a consortium of approximately 400 researchers and physicians at three state universities and three clinical institutions. The Cancer Center is a member of the prestigious National Comprehensive Cancer Network®, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers working to establish and deliver the gold standard in cancer clinical guidelines.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $48,000-$58,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in biostatistics, informatics, database management, or similar field
- One year of experience and demonstrable proficiency in database management and quality assurance
- Documented experience in basic statistical analysis using SAS
- Documented experience in Microsoft Access and at least one other database management system (DBMS), such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Master's degree in public health, biostatistics, database management or similar field
- Advanced SAS programming skills
- Experience with survey data collection, including communications, recruitment, and tracking of survey participants
- Experience with REDCap or other translational databases
- Certification(s) in a database management system, such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Proficient in all aspects of database management and software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to handle concurrent projects and components and produce high-quality results.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships.
- Flexibility to cross-train and partner with colleagues as needed for data and programming needs.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Application deadline is April 27th, 2017.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20066 - SOM-U of Colo Cancer Center
Posting Date: Apr 17, 2017
Closing Date: Apr 28, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Michele Kimminau
Posting Contact Email: Michele.Kimminau@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00731414