GEAR LEARNING AGILE PROJECT MANAGER
JOB NO.: 90106-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Management/Supervisory, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90106-AS
Working Title: GEAR Learning Agile Project Manager
Official Title: ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN) or SR ADMIN SPECIALIST(R08BN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 1, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Advertised Salary: Minimum $50,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization: BA/BS in information studies, communications, business, or related field. MA/MS is a plus.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience: * Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
* Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
* Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
* Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
* Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira
- Microsoft Office Tools and Google Drive Tools
* Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
* Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
* Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and game development studio environment
* A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing multiple complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
* Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
* Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5 team members including Developers, Artists, and UI/UX personnel
* Balanced business/technical background with sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to manage teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
Position Summary: The Gear Learning Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering learning games that provide exceptional educational value to both instructors and students. The APM will be responsible for managing multiple concurrent high visibility projects using Agile methods in a fast-paced environment. The APM may play a number of different roles in actual practice:
* At a higher level, leading and managing multiple mid-sized, complex learning game projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
* At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
* In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
Contact: Mary Hegge
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants: To apply for this position please submit a cover letter addressed to Mike Beall as well as a resume. You will be asked to provide the names and contact information for three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 23 Mar 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 30 Apr 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time