Quantitative Reasoning Center Director
Position: Quantitative Reasoning Center Director
Department: Academic Enrichment Center
Status: Full time Administrative Faculty Position - 10 months
Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience, including a full benefit package.
Earlham College seeks a motivated, independent, creative person to direct our Quantitative Reasoning (QR) Center. The Director will partner with personnel across the College to promote excellent quantitative reasoning and skills. This position is supervised by the Academic Enrichment Center Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and teaching of fundamental courses for quantitative skills development (anticipated 50% of the position)
- Create activities for targeted skills development
- Collaborate with teaching faculty for course integrated quantitative skills instruction in a liberal arts setting
- Training, oversight, and evaluation of peer tutoring for courses using extensive quantitative skills (for example, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Computer Science, and Economics)
- Management of the QR website and budget
- Development and administration of a Quantitative Skills Assessment for new and/or current Earlham students
- Assessment and continuous improvement of QR Center programs
- M.A. or M. Ed. in Mathematics Education or related field
- Possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience with mathematics education research
- Demonstrate an ability to work closely with a range of campus constituencies
- Ability to work with diverse students at all levels is essential
Preference will be given to those candidates with background in Quantitative Reasoning Center administration at the collegiate level and proven success in training and managing student tutors.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources OfficeEarlham College801 National Road WestRichmond, Indiana 47374-4095
Phone: 765-983-1393 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Earlham College continues to build a community that reflects the gender and racial diversity of the society at large, and, therefore, we are particularly interested in inviting and encouraging applications from African Americans, other ethnic minorities, and women. Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.
POSITION Quantitative Reasoning Center Director
REQ NUMBER ACA-17-00001
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Earlham College, an independent, residential college, aspires to provide the highest quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Earlham emphasizes the pursuit of truth, lack of coercion, respect for others, openness to new truth, integrity and application of what is known to improving our world.
Earlham College and the Earlham School of Religion are located in Richmond, Indiana, a city of about 39,000. Founded in 1847 by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), Earlham College is an independent, four-year, coeducational, residential institution of higher learning. Approximately 1,200 undergraduate students attend Earlham College on its 800-acre tree-shaded campus. Earlham College offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in 40 disciplinary and interdisciplinary fields, as well as permitting self-designed studies and a cooperative program in engineering. Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education degrees also are offered at Earlham College.
EOE STATEMENT Earlham College, an independent, residential college, aspires to provide the highest-quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.