College Financial Specialist
The College of Public Health is currently seeking a College Financial Specialist to serve as a financial processing, purchasing, and travel reimbursement expert. Primary responsibilities will include production and review of ledgers; reconciliation of accounts; generating reports and conducting analysis to track budget expenditures; managing expenses applied to Procard and ensuring that purchases are in compliance with Procard policies and procedures; and assisting with college wide reimbursement for travel costs, both domestic and international for any Faculty, Staff or student.
College Financial Specialist
College Financial Specialist/Research Procurement Focus
7P620:PUBLIC HEALTH BUSINESS & FINAN
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The essential job functions of this position require you to: communicate and build working relationships with staff, faculty and candidates from diverse backgrounds; abide by University guidelines; maintain confidentiality; prioritize and manage work effectively; provide exceptional customer service and positively represent the university; ensure work is detailed, accurate and completed in a timely manner; perform work in a sedentary position; interact with individuals from various levels throughout the university and work successfully in a team as well as independently; possess analytical ability; sit for long periods of time in front of a computer; perform repetitive motion; and occasionally lift objects up to 10lbs.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; additional hours may be required based on departmental needs.
Successful applicants will have attention to detail, knowledge of or ability to learn UK business policies and procedures, and organizational, customer service, and communication skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Please describe your experience with UK finance systems to include SAP, BW, procard protocols and compliance, Payment Request Documents, travel vouchers, journal vouchers, online cash transmittal, and other finance procedures and processes.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time work experience managing financial transactions.
- more than 0, up through 1 year
- more than 1 year, up through 3 years
- more than 3 years, up through 5 years
- more than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter