Assists pharmacists in medicine preparation and distribution for the KY Clinic Pharmacy or future discharge or retail pharmacy sites operating under University of KY Pharmacy Services. Fills prescriptions in a busy retail based setting. Requires attention to detail and the ability to provide excellent customer service. Must be reliable and punctual. This position also requires teamwork, excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
H5000: CHANDLER - RETAIL PHARMACY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
May include standing for greater than 5 hours at a time and possibly walking several miles per day. May require the ability to reach items above shoulder level and be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Must be available to work during operating hours of Monday-Friday (7:15am-9:00pm), Saturday (8:30am-5:00pm) and Sunday (12:30pm-5:00pm) May be required to work on some holidays which currently are being rotated by all Ambulatory Pharmacy Services staff. Position may work a rotating schedule during the hours of operation which equates to a 37.5 hour work week. Must have availability to work during operating hours. Hours of operation and schedule are subject to change based on the needs and growth of the department to meet the patient needs.
This position requires dependability, and the ability to prioritize. The successful candidate must be reliable and demonstrate excellent attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively provide customer service in the English language.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Hospital Pharmacy Technician experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold a National Pharmacy Technician Certification from either PTCB or ExCPT?
- * Are you currently registered with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician?
- * Please indicate the amount of paid pharmacy technician experience you have working in either an inpatient hospital and/or retail pharmacy setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Are you available to work full-time during the posted hours?
- * Please tell me about your background and how it would assist with this position. Also tell me why you consider yourself the best candidate
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please provide an example of a time that you have provided excellent customer service to a patient.
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter