Clinical Services Technician II/UKHC
The Clinical Services Technician II will work in the Orthopaedic Clinic assisting physicians by preparing patients for their visits.
Will ensure all necessary information is entered into the Electronic Health Record, taking vitals, room patients and assist with any injections/minor procedures (as appropriate), wound care, casts and/or dressing changes.
In addition, this position will assist with making sure the clinic is fully stocked of essential items such as dressing supplies, gowns, etc and will clean up and prep rooms after each patient visit to ensure efficient turnover.
Clinical Services Technician will schedule follow-up appointments and review faxes for medication refills requests, prior authorizations for medications and facilitate triage calls from patients to providers to ensure appropriate outcomes.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered)
Clinical Services Technician II/UKHC
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
sitting, standing, assisting patients
Mostly Monday-Friday days
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience working in a medical office or clinic setting performing registration and/or scheduling appointments.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * In what capacity have you had patient contact? For example, working in a clinic or hospital, registering patients, etc. Please address how your work experience relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter