Patient Care Technician/UKHC
Assist and transport patients from pre-op to the OR, from the OR to PACU I, PACU I to PACU II, and from PACU II to discharge as directed. Assist staff by retrieving nourishment for patients under Nurse supervision. Take vital signs. Perform urine pregnancy testing/ glucometer testing. Assist in ordering supplies and stocking. Run errands. Maintain and obtain needed supplies for patients, staff, and anesthesia. Provide assistance with continuous patient flow by providing center's areas with clean, prepared stretchers and/or recliners, as necessary. Acts in accordance with the Behavioral Standards and Policies of the University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital. Equipment is utilized in a proper and safe manner. Utilizes chain of command to voice appropriate concerns or issues. The Patient Care Technician will greet designated patients, using customer-friendly approach, preoperatively and postoperatively; initiate appropriate corrective and/or preventive measures;and demonstrate teamwork in a positive/professional manner.
Patient Care Technician/UKHC
Patient Care Technician - Center for Advanced Surgery Pre-OP/PACU
H3140:Center for Advanced Surgery
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Requires Lifting, Pushing or pulling objects up to 50 pounds.
Days 9:30AM - 6:00PM with some nights and on-call time required depending on departmental needs.
Previous work in an acute-care facility, long-term, or ambulatory surgery center setting preferred.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
BLS Certification Preferred
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of paid, full-time work experience do you have in a hospital or healthcare setting?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line/Media Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- LinkedIn/Institute for Diversity
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Cover Letter