Staff Support Associate II
The College of Pharmacy is seeking a full-time Staff Support Associate II to join our (CBO) centralized business operations at the University of Kentucky. This position will receive daily shipments from vendors, safeguard assets and supporting documentation, process a variety of financial transactions, provide duplication services, manage the mail distribution, and will work closely with staff and vendors to provide excellent customer service. Specifically, the position's main job responsibilities include the following:
Receiving daily shipments from vendors and ensuring all assets are fully secured in the receiving area; notifying appropriate personnel for pick-up of shipments and maintaining all shipment records; notifying College Safety Officer of receipt of chemicals and following current College procedures for receipt of controlled substances; completing goods confirmations in SAP and ensuring the back-up supporting documentation is routed to the appropriate CBO staff member timely and accurately; contacting vendors as needed to secure appropriate back-up supporting documentation; working closely with CBO staff to provide excellent customer service to the College; processing a variety of financial transactions weekly including, but not limited to: PRDs, SRMs, and Pro-card edits; safeguarding the funds disbursed by ensuring: the stewardship and appropriateness of expenditures; compliance with all laws, regulations, and restrictions regarding the COP's disbursement activities ensuring a working knowledge in all respective disbursement areas; providing duplication services for course materials/exams for the professional and graduate programs, grant applications, etc. for approximately 500 professional and graduate students, and 70 faculty members; processing duplicating/scanning requests as received; maintaining copier supplies and maintenance schedule; and managing the mail distribution for the College.
Staff Support Associate II
7k015:Centralized Business Operations
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting for long periods of time. Occasionally lifting, pushing, or pulling objects up to 25 lbs.
Monday - Friday, typically 8am-5pm.
Customer Service, SAP, Microsoft Office, Organizational skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Department prefers at least a High School Diploma, plus 3 years of related experience, including experience with SAP.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Rate your level of expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- * Describe your experience using SAP. Include the modules (i.e. FI, BW, HR, etc.) you have utilized.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of paid administrative work experience do you have? (i.e. responsible for administrative tasks such as inventories, forms, reports, scheduling employees, payroll, planning events, or other activities requiring organization and communication)
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Which statement most adequately describes your analytical skills. 1=None. 2=Very Limited. Information for analysis comes from other sources. 3=Moderate. Develop means of collecting data and receive data from other sources. 4=Extensive. Hands on. Coordinates, computes, and monitors all areas of the information being sought.
- * Please describe a time when you provided exceptional customer service and include specific details regarding the situation.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter