Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Finance and Administration
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was born in the spirit of community cooperation on May 27, 2009 as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas is a military friendly, upper-level institution offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees for life’s next chapter.
The Executive Assistant I, under general supervision, provides administrative support to high level administrators for an executive. Work involves coordinating high-level operations of an agency or division. Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of related administrative experience.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
• One year experience working full time in higher education.
• One year experience working with budgets.
• One year administrative experience at the executive level.
HOURS: Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm
Interested applicants MUST apply online at https://www.tamuctjobs.com. The department requires a cover letter and resume for this position. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
The system will provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity and will strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout the system.
Males, age 18 through 25, must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire. This position is designated as a security sensitive position and requires a satisfactory criminal history background check.
Texas A&M University Central Texas is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, master's, and specialist degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of A&M-Central Texas.
Texas A&M University – Central Texas is an E-Verify institution of higher education.