American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.JOB DESCRIPTION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conserves vice president's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains vice president's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Write personal acknowledgment and stewardship letters for signature by vice president, board members, and key volunteers
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information. Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions. Produce timely and detailed briefings for all relevant staff including President and senior staff, insuring all relevant alumni and donor information is provided.
- Maintains office inventory by managing inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Cooperate and coordinate with advancement office to ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelors
- Preferred Degree(s): Bachelors
- Required Field of Expertise: Nonprofit
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Higher Education
- Demonstrate effectiveness and genuine warmth in contacts with others, motivating personality, positive attitude, at ease speaking with many people of various backgrounds, and knowledgeable about activities/events occurring at the College.
- Energetic and motivated self-starter with excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills that can produce high-quality work, while comfortable managing multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Creativity, curiosity, sense of humor, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals
- Demonstrated skills with writing and reporting, scheduling, Microsoft Office, time management and travel logistics
This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefited position. Normal office hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Some night and weekend event work required.TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.