American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Reporting directly to the Vice President for Marketing and Communications, the position will work closely with the Senior Designer and Senior Writer/Editor to design creative, compelling and impactful print and digital marketing collateral/deliverables that align with the AIC experience and positively impacts the College's marketing efforts while maintaining the institutional brand at all times
- Contribute to the design and production of Lucent Magazine, the AIC alumni publication and other institutional documents and projects. Must understand the commercial printing process and have experience with the setup document files for press/printing.
- Organize and assist with photo/video shoots on and off campus including the filing of photos and video footage.
- Develop and distribute print specs for vendors and provide returned quotes within unit budget to supervisor .
- Create web and social media graphic assets as assigned.
- Work with freelance writers, photographers, videographers, as necessary.
- At all times, provide outstanding customer service to all unit clients and College and public constituents.
- Establish and maintain collegial relationships with all College constituents and institutional vendors.
- Create Purchase Orders as directed.
- Scan documents and photos as directed.
- Deliver/pick up proofs, project requests, samples and other unit documents as directed.
- File documents, maintain assignment logs and prepare reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Graphic Design and digital marketing expertise required.
- Previous experience as a graphic designer required.
- Superior design, concept development and commercial printing skills.
- Experience translating messages into effective, attention-getting visual solutions.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other platforms as required.
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills required.
- Outstanding customer service skills required.
- Must be a team player.
- Artistic and writing skills required.
This is a full-time, benefited position. Normal office hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.