IT Assistant, Level 3 (Provisional) - Desktop and Network Support (CUNY School of Medicine)
I.T. Assistants perform entry-level professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Assistants work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar based on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving minor technology problems, monitoring activities, and maintaining documentation. They have latitude for independent initiative and judgment, under supervision.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Network Administrator, the IT Assistant will be responsible for desktop and network support for faculty, staff, and students at the CUNY School of Medicine. In this position he/she will serve as a lead person for technical support and provide resolution to IT support issues.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Support Windows and Mac OS-X desktop computers, laptops, and other equipment.
- Assist in planning the installation of computers and peripherals for the purpose of meeting the technology needs of the School.
- Assist with end user system updates and monitoring including patch management, spyware removal and testing, virus checking.
- Assist in the deployment of new computers for faculty and staff.
- Install and upgrade computer system security measures, including deploying malware and encryption protection.
- Maintain an understanding of basic network protocols and ways to debug network connectivity and troubleshoot basic network connectivity problems.
- Maintain standards for safety and the proper use of equipment and tools.
- Maintain detailed inventory of computing equipment and associated devices.
- Supervise part-time IT staff.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
- A minimum of six months of full-time experience in a computer or technology-related position. Experience that is more than 20 hours per week and less than 35 hours per week may be counted at 50% of the requirement (i.e., two months of part time experience equal to one month full time experience)
- Additional experience and/or education that can be met by ONE of the following: An additional three years and six months of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; an Associate's degree plus 18 months of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated English Language proficiency
- A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This title has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
- Familiarity with NBME examination protocols
- Familiarity with IT Support for NBME mini-boards
- Familiarity with mobile computer-based testing
- Rapid set-up and tear-down of computer-based testing equipment
- Use of PC imaging tools, techniques, use of sysprep
- Familiarity with deploying of PCs and printers on a domain
- Experience using Microsoft Server with Active Directory
- Active Directory, user account creation, and delegation of access to resources
- Deployment of Network resources through Group Policy
- Implementation of security levels on network shares
- Experience using Microsoft Exchange Server
- Experience with computer lab equipment repair and maintenance
New Hire: $59,713
This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (16539) or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
May 7, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Job Title: IT Assistant, Level 3 (Provisional) - Desktop and Network Support (CUNY School of Medicine)
Job ID: 16593
Full/Part Time: Full-Time