Shipping/Receiving/Mail Clerk Level III
Performs a variety of tasks associated with mailroom operations; receives, distributes and ships packages and other deliveries to all areas of the College.
Examples of Duties:
- Receive all mail, packages, and shipments; acknowledges receipt; and makes deliveries to proper staff and/or offices.
- Establish and maintain regular schedule for mail pick up and delivery.
- Inspect damaged parcels and notes accordingly; refuse packages if badly damaged.
- Sort, distribute, and meter mail.
- Interface with purchasing system to account for items received for accounts payable.
- Maintain and prepare all bills for various mail categories.
- Assist College staff in determining fastest and most economical method for mailings.
- Train student workers and new staff in use and proper maintenance of all mail equipment, and the Banner receiving program.
- Pack, wrap, and mark packages for shipping.
- Scan packing slips into Banner
- Maintain records of postage usage and requisition funds to replenish postage meter.
- Maintain unused postage and certified mail records.
- Assist in moving or transferring supplies from one area to another.
- Assist with duplication operation when required.
- Maintain internal stockroom of office supplies. Replenish office supplies when necessary. Fill requisitions and deliver to requestors.
- Create bulk mail specifications for each job. Follow procedures to completion.
- Perform other related work as required.
- High school diploma or GED required, Associate Degree preferred
- One (1) year of directly applicable experience
- Computer Literacy
- Experience with: Pitney Bowes mail equipment and software; U.S. Postal requirements preferred
- Valid Driver's License required
- Fork Lift experience preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Pass a physical/drug test
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.