Software Application Support Specialist
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years experience working as an application support specialist working with end users in troubleshooting software application issues. The candidate should have experience working with Microsoft SQL databases with the ability to run SQL statements and queries. The candidate will need to quickly learn the company's proprietary software and processes in order to provide its customers with support, installation, and training services. Candidates must be self-motivated, have the ability to work independently, research and identify the root cause of reported problems, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to email and telephone calls from customers for software application support.
- Develop rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques.
- Correct customer data using SQL modification statements.
- Troubleshoot SQL programming using SQL Profiler and debug stored procedures to isolate software issues.
- Document, track, and monitor issues to ensure a timely resolution.
- Learn company's offered software solutions and industry operations.
- Test software releases for web and mobile devices.
- Write new or update existing user manuals and training documentation
- Perform implementation and testing of the company's software at customer sites.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, responsible, and accountable.
- Experience supporting software applications or help desk experience.
- Experience in implementing software solutions at customer sites.
- Have experience teaching, training or giving presentations.
- Demonstrated experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have organizational and time management skills
- Have superior customer service skills.
- Be able to multi-task and refocus based on changing priorities.
- Be able to take ownership of projects and show initiative.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required.
- Microsoft SQL Certification
- Experience with Hotel and/or Cruise Line operations a plus.
We are a growing software company located in Miami providing solutions for the Travel and Hospitality industry. We have an immediate opening for a Software Application Support Specialist that will provide support to end users on a variety of issues relating to the company's proprietary software products. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health/dental insurance; federal holiday schedule and a 401k plan with profit sharing.
Sun, 16 Apr 2017 12:37:24 PDT