Defensive Tactics Instructor
TSO Armor & Training, Inc. (TSO) is a leader in training support services, with a corporate office located in Chesapeake, Virginia. We have a current opening for Defensive Tactics Instructors to support the Federal Protective Service (FPS).
Selected individuals will support three training divisions within Training and Professional Development (TPD): Security and Basic Law Enforcement Training Division (SBLETD), Specialized and Advanced Training Division (SATD) and the Training Standards, Management and Support Division (TSMSD).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide classroom and laboratory instruction for select FPS Training programs at the FPS Consolidated Training Facility (Bren Mar).
- Provide in-service training.
- Provide instructional and safety support for Defensive Tactics training.
- Adhere to and maintain academic standards.
- Maintain an orderly and professional classroom, as well as prepare classrooms, labs, equipment and course material for instructional delivery of curriculum.
- Travel to other FPS locations as required supporting Defensive Tactics instruction.
- Maintain proper dress code and grooming standards
- Defensive Tactics Instructor certified by a city, county, state, federal law enforcement agency and/or Military.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of verifiable experience in conducting Defensive Tactics training city, county, state, federal law enforcement agency and/or Military.
- Certified Defensive Tactics Instructors, having completed either a city, county, state, federal and/or Military law enforcement instructor training program.
- Must also have successfully completed a basic instructor development course provided by a city, county, state, federal and/or Department of Defense.
- Certified CPR/First Aid through the American Heart Association
- Capable of passing a medical, psychological and drug pre-screening physical
Sun, 16 Apr 2017 09:23:19 PDT