President and Chief Executive Officer
Louisiana Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (LAICU)
President and Chief Executive Officer
A not-for-profit association of private colleges and universities working together to make a difference.
LAICU is seeking a president whose thoughtful and collaborative leadership will enhance the value and values of Louisiana's private colleges and universities to a broad set of stakeholders.
The President is the chief executive officer of the corporation and provides professional leadership, and, with the support of the Board of Directors, executes the mission of LAICU. The President serves as an ex officio member of the Board of Directors, without vote. The President oversees all employees, contracts for administrative, statistical and other services, and provides the necessary assistance for the corporation’s committees and officers of the Board of Directors. The President represents the corporation and the Board of Directors before the Louisiana legislative and other private and government-related bodies
The President of LAICU:
- Leads and manages a 501 (c) (6) not-for-profit trade association of accredited Louisiana private colleges and universities;
- Advocates the interests of private colleges and universities before the Louisiana legislature and state agencies;
- Collaborates with other sectors of Louisiana higher education on matters of concern to all Louisiana higher education;
- Serves as the liaison officer for Louisiana’s independent higher education sector to government agencies and officials;
- Represents LAICU institutions at the Louisiana Board of Regents on all relevant matters, including but not limited to:
- collaborating with all sectors of Louisiana higher education on matters relevant to LAICU members;
- coordinating with Board of Regents legislative staff;
- coordinating with Board of Regents Teacher Education licensing and policy proposal;
- Develops and monitors higher education policy at the state and federal level;
- Coordinates activities of LAICU and its member colleges and universities related to federal policy issues through the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, (NAICU);
- Actively participates in NAICU/ NAICUSE including serving on committees and collaborating with colleagues in other states;
- Facilitates partnerships among LAICU campuses, stakeholders and constituents;
- Develops programs that focus on leveraging resources that support the member colleges’ missions to improve educational programs, and administrative and financial performance;
- Publishes research and information about private higher education in Louisiana;
- Establishes association services as practical and necessary to achieve cost savings and cost avoidance for member institutions;
- Leads and manages a 501 (c) (3) charitable foundation (Louisiana Independent College Foundation) that provides scholarships and opportunistic fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree required/Advanced degree preferred;
- Successful experience in organizational management with the ability to manage and develop high-performance teams and set and achieve strategic objectives;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people and the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
Instructions to Apply:
Review of candidate materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment.
A complete application will include a letter of interest, a résumé and contact information for three to five professional references.
Inquiries, nominations, referrals and applications (including résumés and letters of interest) may be sent electronically or mailed in confidence to:
LD Large Consulting, LLC
320 Third Street, Ste. #104
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
All questions should be directed to LAICU’s search consultant, Dr. Larry D. Large at 503-707-4319.
For full consideration, all applications should be completed and filed by May 31, 2017.
LAICU is an equal opportunity employer and seeks a diverse pool of candidates.