Associate Director, Senior Copywriter
Drexel University was founded in Philadelphia in 1891 to provide educational opportunities for women and men of all backgrounds. Now, as a comprehensive research university with over 26,000 students across its 15 colleges and schools, Drexel’s strength in co-operative education, experiential learning, and translational research provides its students and faculty with excellent opportunities for career success. Known for innovation and dramatic growth, Drexel has earned top rankings from U.S. News & World Report, appearing among its Top 100 National Universities for the past seven years and on its Best Colleges list for the past 11 years.
Position Title: Associate Director, Senior Copywriter
Senior Copywriter is a leadership role within the Communications & Marketing team of Enrollment Management & Student Success at Drexel University. The role will be responsible for developing marketing and creative strategies, overall messaging, tone and voice for Drexel's Enrollment Management & Student Success, and will manage and protect the overall Drexel University brand. The position will be responsible for writing and editing a wide range and heavy volume of recruitment materials and ensure that all materials are on strategy. The role will guarantee that the highest quality of creative is produced and managed. The Senior Copywriter will be a member of a high-energy creative team and will interact with students, faculty, administrators, as well as other communication team members across the University. The Senior Copywriter will directly supervise Copywriters, as well as freelance Proofreaders, Video & Interactive vendors, and navigate complex projects for the University. Senior Copywriter will also serve as a consultant to other areas of the University providing support where needed.
1. Lead in the development of marketing and creative strategies, while maintaining (and protecting) consistent messaging and voice/tone of the Drexel University Brand.
2. Develop and maintain a significant volume of complex, multi-channel recruitment-related marketing materials including print, mail, digital, outdoor, video and social for Enrollment Management & Student Success, along with other General University material as needed.
3. Collaborate with internal creative teams as well as other cross-university communications groups to brainstorm creative ideas and concepts.
4. Serve as the editorial knowledge base for programs and University functions and act as the gatekeeper for all editorial assignments. Ensure that each project has the latest content templates and meets editorial style guides. Senior Copywriter is responsible for overall quality of work.
5. Present creative and manage relationships with internal and external colleagues and vendors. Be accountable for meeting deadlines, and perform proper delegation of a large volume of assignments/tasks.
6. Support Senior Leadership with editorial support for internal and external leadership and organizational communications.
7. Collaborate with interactive team to concept/compose/edit/review online/digital marketing efforts through content management systems as well as other online editing programs such as Dreamweaver.
8. Support, train, and collaborate with writers on offline/online development, and lead the creative process through vendors such as proofreaders, video and interactive content developers, others.
9. Research the latest trends in marketing, campaign testing techniques, developments in the Higher Education field, and maintain ownership of the EMSS editorial style guide and integration of the University style guide.
1. Bachelor's degree required, Masters degree preferred.
2. Some published or produced work required.
3. Full understanding of editorial style guides, specifically Chicago and AP Style.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, InDesign.
5. Higher Education experience is strongly recommended.
6. Experience with SiteCore or Content Management Systems.
7. Experience with Dreamweaver.
8. Experience with HTML
Supplemental Posting Information:
Drexel University offers an attractive benefits package including tuition remission, a generous retirement package with matching funds (up to 11 percent) and an opportunity to join a talented team of professionals directly helping the University achieve its record growth and quality reputation.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigation.
All applicants must apply online through DrexelJobs to be considered.
Interested, qualified candidates may apply online at: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=81930, or visit www.drexeljobs.com and search for Associate Director, Senior Copywriter. The requisition number is 8064.
For more information about Drexel University, please visit www.drexel.edu.