KorTerra provides comprehensive SaaS solutions to companies across the US and Canada that help them protect their underground utility assets such as electric, gas, phone, cable TV, and data lines. KorTerra's unique position of collaborating directly with these companies over the past 26 years has allowed us to build a compilation of industry-wide knowledge and best practices that few companies possess and has resulted in KorTerra being a leader in this industry.
KorTerra is currently seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to help drive KorTerra's marketing efforts in a business to business environment. This hands-on role will be responsible for the origination and execution of integrated marketing initiatives driving lead generation and prospect nurturing for KorTerra's software solutions. This includes development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of a national marketing strategy tailored to meet overall company objectives. This position will contribute to both current marketing programs as well as drive idea generation for new initiatives. The Marketing Manager will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to assist in accomplishing a wide range of marketing goals. A positive, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual with a passion for success is a must! The successful candidate must possess an exceptional work ethic and commitment to company objectives within competitive marketplaces.
For the third year in a row, KorTerra has been selected as a "Top 100 Company to Work For" by Minnesota Business Magazine which demonstrates KorTerra's passion for providing the best culture and benefits package to our employees. We believe our commitment to creating an inclusive culture where differences in thoughts and ideas are respected and rewarded is integral to our success. Our employees thrive in an environment that supports individual performance and growth through ongoing training and personal achievements. If you're seeking a challenging career with plenty of opportunities where your contributions are valued, apply today!
Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
- A comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the organization's image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and,
- All organizational marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
- Ensure articulation of organization's desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all organization publications .
- Coordinate media interest in the organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as the organization's representative with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Provide counsel to chapters on marketing, communications and public relations.
- Ensure that the organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
Planning and Budgeting
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Director and Board.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Recommend short- and long-term organization goals and objectives to the Executive Director.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, [and the specific business of the organization and use this information to help the organization operate with initiative and innovation.
- Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to:
- develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction -- in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making; and,
- Ensure the overall health and vitality of the organization.
- Help make sure that the organization's philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the organization's key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and the organization's relevance.
- Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the organization.
- Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and public relations function, with provision for succession.
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the organization.
- Effectively enable volunteers and staff so they can take action on behalf of the organization by:
- Transmitting the organization's values, vision and direction;
- Engaging people in the meaning of the organization;
- Respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of people;
- Providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping develop people's skills; articulating expectations and clarifying roles and relationships;
- Communicating which includes helping people transform information into knowledge and learning;
- Encouraging people to question organizational assumptions and ask strategic questions; ensuring quality decision-making;
- Anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution;
- Engaging people in process as well as tasks; encouraging people use their power,
- Practice their authority, and accept their responsibility;
- Modeling behavior; and
- Coaching people to success.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in word processing and page layout.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Out-of-town, overnight travel is required as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in marketing, communications with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
Salary, Benefits and Other:
- Salary based on experience.
- KorTerra offers a dynamic team environment with a great benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K, Long Term Disability Insurance, life insurance and PTO.
- We are proud to be an EEO employer.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background check and substance abuse testing.
To find out more about KorTerra, please visit us at: www.korterra.com
Sun, 16 Apr 2017 11:07:32 PDT