TSO Armor & Training, Inc. (TSO) is a leader in training support services, with a corporate office located in Chesapeake, Virginia. We have a current opening for firearms Instructors to support the Federal Protective Service (FPS).
Selected individuals will support three training divisions within Training and Professional Development (TPD): Security and Basic Law Enforcement Training Division (SBLETD), Specialized and Advanced Training Division (SATD) and the Training Standards, Management and Support Division (TSMSD).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide classroom and laboratory instruction for select FPS Training programs.
- Perform the day to day range operations at the FPS Consolidated Training Facility (Bren Mar).
- Firearms Instructors will also support delegation firearms training oversight by overseeing firearms training of agencies with delegated authorities and support field training requirements.
- Provide Field in-service training.
- Provide instructional and safety support for live fire weapons training.
- Adhere to and maintain academic standards.
- Maintain an orderly and professional classroom, as well as prepare classrooms, labs, ranges, equipment and course material for instructional delivery of curriculum.
- Travel to other FPS locations as required supporting firearms instruction.
- Maintain proper dress code and grooming standards
- Minimum of five years of verifiable experience in conducting firearms training for a city, county, state, federal law enforcement agency and/or Military.
- Must have completed a city, county, state, federal certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor program or NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor course and/or Military Small Arms Instructor course
- Must have completed a Basic instructor development course provided by city, county, state, federal agency and/or Department of Defense.
- Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors, having completed either a city, county, state, federal law enforcement instructor training program or the National Rifle Association Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor course and/or Military Small Arms Instructor course.
- Must also have successfully completed a basic instructor development course provided by a city, county, state, Federal law enforcement agency and/or the Department of Defense.
- Certified CPR/First Aid through the American Heart Association
- Capable of passing a medical, psychological and drug pre-screening physical
Sun, 16 Apr 2017 09:48:18 PDT