University Law Enforcement Officer
University Law Enforcement Officers are the principal agents responsible for carrying out policing, safety and security functions of the University of Toledo Police Department. These functions include protection of life and property, preservation of the peace and good order of the community, and the furnishing of various services to facilitate the smooth operation of the University.
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have weight proportionate to height, and have a level of physical condition and fitness satisfactory to fulfilling the duties of a Law Enforcement Officer as determined by medical and fitness tests prescribed by the Chief of Police.
- Must submit to a urinalysis test to determine the unlawful use of drugs.
- Must have completed a minimum of 96 quarter hours of college level academic credits from an accredited university or college, having earned a grade point average of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or education may be substituted with five (5) years of continuous active full-time law enforcement experience (as a state-certified peace officer) with a certified law enforcement agency.
- Must successfully pass a psychological examination by qualified psychological professionals.
- Must pass the necessary written and oral testing and interviewing processes.
- Must agree to a thorough background examination.
- Possess a valid driver's license and be insurable under the University's driving policies.
- Desired characteristics of the individual selected for the position of University Law Enforcement.
- Officer include but are not limited to: An individual who is professional; has a strong and proactive work ethic; has a positive attitude.
- All Law Enforcement Officers will start at the entry level and will be on probationary status for a period of one year, excluding time spent in an approved basic training academy.
- May be required to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
The University of Toledo is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and educator.