Assistant Restaurant Manager
Job Title: Assistant Manager in Human Resources
Reports to: Operations Director, General Manager and Administrative Director
Salary Grade/Band: $600 - $700 weekly + Performance Bonuses
The Assistant Manager in charge of HR at Julio's Cafe Corona accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures. Also oversees disciplinary actions of misbehaving employees; manages staff during and oversees customer services while the restaurant is open to the public during his/her shift.
1.Recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
2.Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
3.Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
4.Needs to maintain a complete rush-proof team on schedule and foresee any future special requirements in terms of personnel. (Mothers day, fathers day, valentine's day, etc.)
5.Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
6.Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
7.Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
8.Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
9.Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Coordinates daily inventories
- Analyzing variances and taking corrective action.
- Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with patrons.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Attends to the front of the house once the restaurant is open to the public.
- Recommend disciplinary action to GM for misbehaving employees.
- In case he/her is inform of a possible absenteeism he needs to find someone to cover that particular shift.
- Maintain a harmonious relationship with all employees
- Motivate suggestive and upgrade selling on the wait staff
- When necessary, assist the team with bussing tables or other functions
- Report malfunctioning equipment to the GM
- Report any need of maintenance to the GM
- Opening and closing of the restaurant
Qualifications and skill requirements
- People Management, Planning, Foster Teamwork, Giving Feedback, Customer Service, Developing Budgets, Self-Motivated, Energy Level, Multi-tasking, Resolving Conflict, Verbal Communication
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must have a current Food Management card issued by the State of Texas
- Must demonstrate full knowledge of the food, beverage and dessert menu in order to be able to answer any customer's questions
- Must possess ability to compute mathematical calculations
- Computer skills
- Problem solver
- Must have ability to prioritize and organize
- Should be able to maintain concentration in a noisy and crowded environment
- Must have multi-tasking abilities
- Must have an upbeat and positive attitude
- Must have a pleasant personality
- Must be a team player
- Must be bilingual (Spanish-English)
- Standing and walking and for extended periods of time
- Working under pressure
- High noise level
- Semiformal Attire
Julios Cafe Corona is full dining restaurant serving authentic Mexican Food in the El Paso/Juarez area. We have more the 30 years of operation here in El Paso and 70+ years overall under the same family ownership, wining many awards during our years of operation we have voted El Paso's Best Mexican Food Restaurant many times.
Currently we have two stores employing 110+ people and with a third store opening soon.
The vision of Julio's Cafe Corona is to be an icon in true Mexican food and dining experience.
Julio's Cafe Corona is dedicated to offering authentic Mexican food and a friendly service to the customer in a cozy atmosphere.
El Paso, TX
Sat, 15 Apr 2017 21:43:21 PDT