TRIO Coordinator of Tutorial and Technology Services
The TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) Program is a federally funded program subject to renewal every five years on a competitive basis. TRIO Program provides services which facilitate educational and personal growth opportunities for disadvantaged students. These Services and resources are provided on the main campus in Brunswick and at the Camden Center. This is a full-time professional staff position which is subject to renewal annually based on performance and availability of grant funds.
Reporting to the Director of TRIO SSS, the TRIO Coordinator of Tutorial and Technology Services is responsible for providing academic services that will increase students’ success. The Coordinator also maintains all electronic files technology resources for financial and economic literacy trainings. The Coordinator will closely monitor the progress of all TRIO students placed in an Academic Improvement Plan (AIP). The standard work week is forty (40) hours per week, but additional hours may be necessary to include some evenings and weekends. The work schedule may vary according to the operational needs of the Program. Occasional travel to professional development training location within the state or outside may be required once or twice per year.
• Coordinates academic tutorials of the SSS Program including individualized and group tutoring, tutor/mentor training, and academic skills workshops.
• Plans cultural and academic enrichment activities in response to participants’ needs.
• Coordinates participants’ attendance of cultural activities.
• Assigns and schedules tutors.
• Assists with recruitment, training, and supervision of tutors.
• Recruits potential program participants by visiting Learning Support and introductory college courses.
• Attends national TRIO Training Conferences on Educational Technology and provides trainings to TRIO staff on Technology.
• Trains each incoming TRIO participant on how to use technology to effectively utilize campus resources.
• Organizes and conducts hands-on workshops for tutors on the use of educational technology
• Collects and analyze data on project participants and comparison groups on campus.
• Uses computer-aided instruction and additional computer resources to help students develop basic skills in areas such as English, math, science, critical thinking and study skills.
• Designs, coordinates and conducts financial and economic literacy workshops for Program participants on the Brunswick campus and in the Camden Center.
• Coordinates and collaborates with the Academic Services Units and the Disabilities Services Office.
• Assists SSS students with financial aid and scholarship applications.
• Serves as a liaison between faculty and the Program.
• Maintains TRIO library and files of all TRIO educational resources.
• Works as a team member with other staff members to support students’ academic success.
• Assists the TRIO Director with preparation of the Annual Performance Report (APR).
• Keeps appropriate records of services provided to students.
• Participates in appropriate on-campus staff development opportunities.
• Operates personal computer and other standard office equipment such as copier, fax, shredder, etc; uses word processing software to prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents; may use database software programs as necessary for the maintenance of student data and records.
• Assumes related responsibilities and performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited College.
• Experience in teaching or tutoring.
• 1-2 years of experience in a similar position.
• Demonstrated ability to work with students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
• Proficient in the use of a personal computer for managing data and generating reports.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Willingness to work flexible hours and to embrace change.
• Ability to follow written and oral directions and to work with minimal supervision.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TRIANING
• A master’s degree from a regionally accredited College or University.
• 2-3 years of experience working in a college environment.
• 2-3 years of experience working with TRIO Programs.
• 1-2 Years working with TRIO Student Support Services Program.