Director of Workforce Development (Adult and Continuing Education)
LaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle "Dare to Do More" reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become. For more information about LaGuardia, visit our website - www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Adult and Continuing Education, and through a variety of services, education, training, information and research, the Continuing Education Director provides oversight, leadership and strategic direction across LaGuardia Community College's workforce development Adult and Continuing Education (ACE) programs. The Continuing Education Director serves as a liaison between ACE Executive Management and program directors within and across ACE programs and is responsible for meeting performance and revenue goals while running cost effective operations. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the development and growth of new and existing programs and service delivery models based on labor market research, employer and community needs, available grant and contract funding opportunities, and tuition-based programming in collaboration with ACE program directors, credit programs, and community and business partners.
- Develop and implements performance benchmarks and cultivates a data-driven culture of outcomes measurement as part of the strategic planning process.
- Direct the activities across ACE programs to ensure collaboration and sharing of best practices and implementation of streamlined and centralized services when applicable.
- Facilitate cross-divisional programming and strategic planning.
- Develop collaborative relationships with LaGuardia's Academic Affairs and Student Affairs, CUNY campuses and partnerships with community and business organizations.
- Review and approves cost center budgets for ACE programs and works closely with the Director of the ACE Fiscal Department to anticipate and resolve budgetary issues.
- Support the Assistant Dean in supervision management across ACE programs.
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings that lead to the development of new initiatives, and expansion of ACE's network partnerships and business supporters, as well as promoting the College's presence in the community.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience.
Master's Degree preferred. At least five years of experience in business, education, public administration or the non-profit field. Experience developing and managing large-scale collaborative workforce development projects, particularly with a healthcare or technology focused preferred. Experience writing successful grant applications preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Oversees a broad range of fiscal and program responsibilities for Continuing Education and related external programs
- Provides leadership for the development and implementation of new programs of study and ensures the coordination and implementation of program components.
- Plans, markets and implements College programs in Continuing Education, developing overall programs and overseeing development of content, budgets, and marketing strategies.
- Develops funding proposals; solicits grant information and provides leadership and guidance in partnering with community and governmental agencies.
- Provide fiscal oversight and evaluation; develops strategic and operating plans; reports progress and results to management.
- Oversees a comprehensive marketing and public information program.
- Manages staff of the Continuing Education office.
- Represents Continuing Education within the College community and externally.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Continuing Education Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From CUNY's job posting system at www.cuny.edu, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site, www.cuny.edu, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and the contact information for three professional references.
Open until filled. Resume review will begin February 28, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: LaGuardia Community College
Job Title: Director of Workforce Development (Adult and Continuing Education)
Job ID: 16280
Full/Part Time: Full-Time