Nurse Anesthetist Faculty
Functional Title Nurse Anesthetist Faculty
Position Type Non-Tenure Stream
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro School of Nursing is ACEN and CCNE accredited and is a NLN Center of Excellence in Faculty Development. The University has over 19,000 students and is classified by Carnegie as a research university with high research activity. The School of Nursing has over 1,050 students enrolled in BSN, RN-BSN, MSN, MSN/MBA, DNP and PhD programs.
The School of Nursing is recruiting for two creative and highly motivated certified registered nurse anesthetists to apply for a faculty position in the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program.
We are seeking innovative and talented individuals who are actively engaged in evidence-based practice and education and who want to advance their academic careers by becoming part of our dynamic team supporting the teaching, practice, service, and research mission of the UNCG School of Nursing. The position is designed to include clinical practice activities; many opportunities exist for faculty practice in the greater Greensboro area.
Responsibilities of the positions include teaching, faculty practice, and active contribution to scholarship through evidence-based practice; student advising including participation in DNP capstone projects; and school, university, and community service.
- Candidates must hold a master's degree in nursing and completed or enrolled in a doctoral degree program.
- RN and APRN licensure in North Carolina is required prior to start date
- Must meet school and university guidelines for rank.
- Teaching experience
- Current national certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists,
- Current clinical practice and scholarship appropriate to the desired rank.
Tenure Status Not on Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
References will be requested when selected for interview. Review of the applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Candidates must provide the following information:
- A letter of application that addresses stated responsibilities and qualifications.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- When selected for interview, the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of three or more references.
Recruitment Range Comminsurate with experience and credentials
Org #-Department School of Nursing - 12802
Job Open Date 11/02/2016
For Best Consideration Date 11/24/2016
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu