Controller needed for Brooklyn Based Retailer
Brooklyn-based industrial products retailer serving the NYC area for over 30 years is in need of a full time Controller. Ideal candidate has the experience, ability and ambition to actively assume responsibility for all accounting department functions, as well as the desire to participate in the Company's command structure environment. We are looking for proven leadership and management skills. This job provides an unmatched opportunity for the right candidate to run and grow the business alongside the President.
Successful candidates are flexible and adaptable with the ability to balance many changing priorities including managing back end office duties, collections, overseeing inventory and function of both a full retail store and daily distribution of product. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well within a fast-paced, demanding and evolving environment. Additionally, the successful candidate will be proactive in anticipating the company's larger needs and providing support as required. If you'd like to work in an environment where your talents and expertise will be appreciated, your management skills respected, where everyone is on the same team, you'll love being part of our company.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collections and credit approval is a critical part of the daily function. Experience necessary. Must be willing to grow customer relationships and maintain persistent contact with late paying customers. Must demonstrate understanding the proper balance between upholding the Company's best interests without losing customers.
• Analyze budget and monthly reporting process in a timely manner; work closely with the President, General Manager, Operations Manager and outside CPA to determine areas for improvement and cost control
• Maintain the third-party relationships with banks, and payroll provider
• Oversee and be responsible for all aspects of the accounting function for the company, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and general ledger maintenance
• Perform monthly bank and key account reconciliations in a timely manner
• Provide management and training for accounting and clerical staff consisting of 2 full-time and 1 part-time individuals.
• Perform management functions and other tasks as necessary during periods of absence of the President and /or the Operations Manager.
• Must have the desire, ambition and knowledge to assist, when necessary, the upper management functions of the company.
• BS in Accounting/Finance or closely related field
• Minimum 10 years of financial experience
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and and the willingness to learn industry specific software
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
• Self-starter with the ability to identify problems and then develop and implement solutions
• Exceptional integrity and honesty
• Able to excel within a challenging environment
• Competitive compensation based on experience
• Health Insurance and Life Insurance
• Paid vacation, personal, sick time and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer. Selected candidate will be required to pass a drug test, and a full background check. To apply for this outstanding opportunity, email resume. No resume will be reviewed without a cover letter and salary requirements.
Brooklyn-based industrial products retailer serving the NYC area for over 30 years is in need of a full time Controller.
Sat, 15 Apr 2017 14:04:12 PDT