Service Technician Journeyman - Las Vegas, NV
.F MacDonald Co. is a leading boiler and burner manufacturer's representative, with locations throughout California and Nevada. We represent industry leading product lines such as Cleaver Brooks, Nebraska, Ajax, Fulton Boiler, Industrial Combustion Burners, Natcom Burners, and Cannon Economizers.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ideal candidate should have 5 to 10 years' experience in troubleshooting and servicing boilers in commercial to and industrial applications. Hands on ability for combustion set up and analysis as well as troubleshooting skills to determine and adjust a full range of burners from .5 to 30 Million BTU/HR input. Experience with Low Emission burners and related equipment is a plus but not a requirement.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Accountable for the completion of internal and external inspections of boilers, burners, and associated controls that determine function ability and expected service life.
- Repair and/or replace refractory, gaskets, parts, and miscellaneous controls.
- Perform hydrostatic testing of boilers, troubleshooting and repair of industrial burners.
- Evaluate basic boiler room systems (steam and hydronic), gather information and help solve problems.
- Must be detail oriented in completing work orders, all required forms, summaries, and checklist daily or as required in procedures manual.
- Must have strong language skills as well as industry specific vocabulary.
- Basic mathematics, algebra, and formula knowledge are required.
- Must have very strong reasoning and problem solving skills.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Completed High school diploma or equivalent. Two years of technical school, community college or trade school. Position requires five years of mechanical and electrical experience in the industry. Computer knowledge a plus.
A valid driver's license is required with a clean record. Must be insurable with no major infractions. Job will require some travel. Applicants must pass pre-employment background and an initial and subsequent random drug screening tests.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who enjoy working independently, as well as in a team atmosphere. Good customer service skills are mandatory.
R.F MacDonald Co., California's largest boiler sales and service organization, offers a full benefit package which includes Holiday pay, Overtime, 401K, Medical and Dental, Company Vehicle, Uniforms, Tools, Generous Vacation, and room for advancement. Please visit our website at www.rfmacdonald.com to learn more about our company.
R.F MacDonald Co. has been in business since 1956 serving California and western Nevada. We have over 260 employees involved in sales and service of boilers and pumps for commercial and industrial applications. We have over 50 employees involved in equipment sales and over 125 employees involved in our parts and field service business.
We have many employees that have been with our company for fifteen to twenty years or more. We have also attracted and retained many employees that have been in the industry for many years prior to joining our company. As we have grown our experienced employees have trained our new employees. We strive to be the most experienced company in the industry we serve.
Our VISION STATEMENT reflects the fact that our employees make up what our company is all about:
"To provide a superior growth oriented workplace environment, that attracts and retains the best employees in the industry, fostering an attitude that provides our customers with the most innovative, responsive and results oriented effort possible."
Las Vegas, NV
Sat, 15 Apr 2017 14:27:50 PDT